Glass Heart - Chapter Fifty-Nine

Izuku - as Deku - swiftly and silently landed on Shoto's windowsill, two containers of food inside. Before Shoto figured out Izuku was Deku, Izuku had to buy food from supermarkets, to keep suspicion away, but now since he knows - and Shouta and Hizashi know he knows - Hizashi was kind enough to whip up some soba for them both. It had cooled down a bit now, but Izuku still hoped he liked it.

Bracing himself, he tapped gently on the window. Almost immediately the curtain covering it whisked aside, and Shoto's face appeared. Hidden behind his voice modifying mask, Izuku's cheeks burned red - clearly because of the cold outside.

"Sho!" Deku called, as Shoto opened the window, and Izuku hopped in. "Is Endeavour home?"

Shoto flinched slightly at the name, but shook his head, a small smile on his face as he glanced at Izuku. "I never get tired of seeing you in your hero costume." He said, still staring at Izuku, who was starting to feel self-conscious.

"S - Sho!" Izuku replied, flustered, as he took off his large mask and pulled down his hood. "Don't say things like that, you'll make my head explode!" Trying to combat the loud beating of his own heart, he took the two containers from the bag and passed one to Shoto. "I - I got this for you - from Papa Zashi. I remember you said you like Soba? It's probably gone cold by now though..."

Shoto smiled, a hint of red on his cheeks, although he's able to hide it better than Izuku. "Cold soba is fine Zuku. It'll be nice to eat with you."

He headed downstairs to grab some cutlery for them both to use, and Izuku sat on Shoto's plain bed, sighing. Today was the last day before winter holidays ended. He had planned to tell Shoto how he felt before school started again, but... he just wasn't able to work up the courage. He had the perfect opportunity when they went ice skating, and then again when Shoto went over to his house on Christmas, but...

Izuku sighed once again, lying down on the bed, kicking off his shoes beforehand, to make sure there's no mud or dirt going on Shoto's bedsheets. He really was a coward. He couldn't tell Shoto how he felt now, while on patrol. That'd be wrong. But today was the last day before school started back up again. Well for Izuku two days - since tomorrow he'd be seeing Nezu about something - but Shoto and Hitoshi returned to school tomorrow.

Izuku tried not to dwell on the fact that Hitoshi, Shoto and Katsuki would be in a classroom practically right next to each other, without him being able to keep an eye on things, and instead turned his attention back to Shoto.

Shoto... the most amazing guy Izuku had ever met. Just don't let Hitoshi hear that. Izuku chuckled a bit, thinking of all the teasing Hitoshi would probably do to both him and Shoto once they started dating. Izuku could take some teasing - after all, you shouldn't dish out what you can't receive, and Izuku teased both of them more than his entire family combined teased him.

As much as he pretended to be annoyed by Hitoshi's teasing, they actually made him laugh a lot. It's been really nice having a brother - something younger Izuku would never imagine. He's always got a friend, a protector, a teammate by his side.

Teammate... maybe Hitoshi could help Izuku make a plan on how to confess to Shoto? As Shoto returned, Izuku sent off a text to Hitoshi:

Hito, how do I tell Sho I have a crush on him?

Ah, so you finally admit it?

I-

I guess...

You're mean, Hito

Personality came with the package, you didn't return it

Your own fault

Anyway

How do I confess?

I'm so lost

No idea what to do

I have the perfect plan for you, Izu

Yea?

Just tell him!

...

You're no help.

You're welcome.

Dad says get home in about an hour.

Papa Zashi doesn't want you to miss games night.

Kay. Bye Hito!

Izuku sighed, placing his phone back in his pocket, as Shoto passed Izuku some cutlery. As they silently ate together in peace, Izuku's thoughts raced with ideas of how to confess his feelings to Shoto - and then concerns that he may not even feel the same as Izuku.

Not really paying attention to the outside world, he jumped in surprise as he felt something touch his cheek. "S - Shoto?"

"Oh, I'm sorry if I scared you Zuku." Shoto removed his hand from Izuku's cheek, which was holding a small napkin. "You had some food on your cheek." He turned his head away, slightly red as he placed the napkin in the nearby bin, and Izuku felt his chest burn with love and hope.

Maybe Shoto felt the same way he did after all...

Hiya! I'm supposed to be updating my other two stories right now, buuuuut I really wanted to write some more of this story instead, so ehh, lol. I'm gonna start writing the updates for the other two books now, haha.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Izuku knows how he feels, and even has hope Shoto feels the same way - even though it's completely obvious haha. Maaaaaaaaybe he'll confess soon, or maybe Shoto will beat him to it? Or maybe neither will confess!? Who knows.

Next chapter should be Izuku and Nezu? I know I had a plan for it, but that was a while ago - most of the ideas I had have left my head haha. Oh well, I'll get there XD

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊