Glass Heart - Chapter Twenty-Two

"Argh!" Izuku recoiled as pain raced up his back. Quickly rising to his feet, he flipped over the next attack, landing solidly on his feet before engaging in his own frontal assault, darting forward, and trying to-

Cloth wrapped around his ankle, and Izuku was thrown back onto the soft grass. Hitoshi, who was watching the training spar between them both, snorted at the frustrated expression on Izuku's face.

"Don't worry about it so much, kid, you're doing well." Shouta said, releasing his hold of the capture weapon. Izuku still refused to stand, and Shouta started to grow a bit concerned. He walked over to where Izuku lay. "Kid?"

In a flash Izuku shot up and swept his legs out, trying to hit Shouta's knees to knock him to the floor. Shouta, with his quick reflexes, was just barely able to dodge Izuku's attack, with a small flip.

"What was that kid?" Shouta said, slightly out of breath and surprised.

Izuku shot a confident grin at him. "A logical ruse."

"OH MY-!" Hitoshi had to cover his face to try and mute the laughter that erupted from his mouth, his whole body trembling from it.

Shouta smiled at Izuku's words, thinking back on the recent weeks. That's my kid.

It had been about a few weeks since Hitoshi had first visited Shouta's residence. Since then Hitoshi came over almost every evening for dinner - apparently his family didn't really mind. Sometimes he even stayed for their newly established 'game night'! He had also begun joining in on training with Shouta and Izuku, occasionally sparring with either one of them, and sometimes he and Izuku would just practise types of movements, with Shouta keeping an eye on them.

"You both want to be heroes right?" He had asked the two of them, and after they both nodded eagerly, he had smiled at them, a proud glint in his eye. "Then I'll teach you."

And ever since then the training Izuku had previously received without Hitoshi was increased full force, some sessions with Hitoshi and some without. Similarly, Shouta gave Hitoshi some 'homework' to do between training sessions. At first he pretended to not give Hitoshi any work, and then when Hitoshi got confused once Shouta did give him some, Shouta labelled it as a 'logical ruse'. He labelled most things as a logical ruse, honestly. The fact that Izuku picked up on it made him smile with pride.

Izuku coughed as he got back up, bringing Shouta back to the present.

"Izuku, Shinsou, please do some sparring between yourselves after a two minute break." He directed. The boys grinned at being given a small break and ran to grab their bottles of water to drink.

As Shouta watched them, his phone buzzed, with a message from Hizashi. Once he read it, a spark of joy bloomed in his chest.

"Actually, training is going to end early." He called over, Hitoshi and Izuku giving him shocked looks.

"A... Are you okay Shouta?" Izuku asked timidly, confused.

"Yeah, I'm good kid." Shouta replied, ruffling Izuku's hair. "I've got a small surprise for you at the house. Do you want to join us, Shinsou?"

Hitoshi nodded and they quickly walked back to the house. "Is it... what I think it is?" Hitoshi whispered to Shouta as they walked, and Shouta nodded in reply. Hitoshi grinned. Together - he, Hitoshi and Hizashi - had worked together to sort out this surprise for Izuku. To be honest, Shouta was also incredibly excited.

They finally got back to the flat building, up the stairs, and arriving at their front door to their apartment. Shouta knocked on the door before entering, once he got Hizashi's confirmed yell from inside that everything was set up.

"You go in first Izuku." Shouta said politely, gesturing towards the door. Confused, Izuku inched towards the door and pushed it open, stepping inside. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary? The sofa was in the same place, the TV was in the same spot, Hizashi and the kitten in his arms were in the kitchen, the pictures on the walls-

Wait.

"Z... Zashi...?" Izuku muttered, a small spark of hope and happiness in his chest at what this might mean. "Is that... a kitten?"

As he entered the kitchen, he realised he recognised the kitten - it was the black kitten that he'd grown incredibly attached to from the café.

Izuku gasped. "It... It's you!" He whispered to the small creature.

"A special feature of that cat café," Shouta explained, making Izuku jump and spin around to face him in surprise, "Is that some of the cats and kittens are up for adoption for loving homes. Shinsou told me how much you really love this kitten, and I've always wanted a cat in the house so-"

Shouta felt himself jolt as Izuku ran up to him and gave him a warm hug. After a few moments, he broke off and ran to give Hitoshi a hug, who - similarly to Shouta - was incredibly surprised. Once he gave Hitoshi the hug, he backed off and began trying to wipe the tears from his eyes.

"What about me? Where's my hug?" Hizashi said, pouting slightly.

Izuku laughed. "It's because you're holding the small kitten! I wouldn't want to hurt her."

"The kitten is a girl?" Hitoshi asked.

Izuku nodded. "Yeah, I asked while we were in the café." He paused, realising something. "Do we have the supplies for her? Food, litter trays, other supplies?"

"Yeah we do, that's why it took so long to get the kitten here - Hizashi and I have been researching how to properly take care of a cat, we've been gathering all the equipment we need - which is all in your bedroom waiting for your approval by the way-"

"My approval? Why does it need my approval?" Izuku asked, confused.

"Because this kitten is yours kid. We'd want you to like the supplies we bought - like the food and water bowls for example."

"Speaking of - you should give her a name!" Hizashi yelled with glee. As he yelled, the kitten dug it's head deeper into Hizashi's arms, trying to get away from the loud noise. Izuku, Shouta and Hitoshi all glared at him, as Izuku gently picked up the small kitten, removing her from Hizashi's arms.

"A name, huh...?" Izuku said, the small kitten jumping up to him and burying her head in his neck, like before at the café. Izuku remembered how the room looked back at the café - the walls were painted a dark blue and purple, like the night sky - one of his favourite parts of that room. Izuku's always loved the stars, the vastness of the Universe never ceases to amaze him.

"I'll call you Luna." He said with a smile, as 'Luna' meowed with happiness at the new name and loving family she's been given.

Okay new chapter yay! This is probably me trying to inflict what I want onto Izuku haha - I've always wanted a black kitten called Luna - have for a few years - so now Izuku gets her XD (written 7th January)

Anyways, the next chapter should be - not promising but SHOULD be - Izuku back at school. And yes, Kacchan will be there XD

Okay! I really hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!! I'll see you guys again soon!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊