Glass Heart - Chapter Seventy-Two

Izuku, Shouta, Shoto and Nezu sat together in Nezu's office. Nezu rested his small elbows against his desk and laid his chin in his hands, as he stared at Izuku and Shoto, who were sitting in chairs in front of him, and occasionally glanced towards Shouta, who was leaning against the wall and glancing at Izuku and Shoto with concerned eyes.

"So Sir... why'd you call us here?" Shoto asked. Izuku sighed, certain he already knew the answer.

Nezu spotted Izuku's small complaint. "Izuku, you seem to know why you're both here. Would you care to tell everyone here why?"

Izuku glanced at Shoto with a guilty expression. "Shoto and I are dating. Shoto passed his exam and I'm a teacher - which makes our relationship an ethical concern. It isn't illegal because we're the same age, but it will become extremely unethical if handled incorrectly. Therefore you asked us here to talk about those various ways we could handle our relationship, maybe you even called us here to try and persuade us to put our relationship entirely on hold while Shoto is a student here."

Both Shoto and Shouta's eyes widened, Shoto's arm becoming thinly coated in ice and Shouta's eyes glowed red his capture weapon lifting into the air in anger.

"Are you serious? You can't possibly ask such a horrible thing of them!" Shouta yelled, his rage-induced glare being shot towards Nezu who didn't even flinch.

"I couldn't possibly break up with Izuku! I'd rather just not go to UA at all, if it means I can't be with him! I... I...!" I love him!

Izuku smiled, reaching over, clasping Shoto's hand and squeezing it to give him comfort. "Hey, Sho don't worry. Nezu's here to look at alternatives, to see how we can adapt our relationship to fit this... unique situation."

"Correct!" Nezu cheered, his grin growing wider. Unlike Shoto, who becomes cuter with a bigger smile, Nezu's smile grew creepy and distorted. "There are many options for you both, although I'm fairly certain of the route you'll pick." He sighed, and climbed onto his desk, trying to make himself look taller and more intimidating that way. "Would you like to hear them?"

Izuku and Shoto nodded. Shouta's eyes narrowed, however he made no objection, and allowed him to continue to speak.

"Your first option is, of course, to break up with one another, or place your relationship on pause until after Shoto graduates from UA."

"Not happening." Izuku interrupted, his eyes sharpening with irritation. "Move on to the next plan."

Nezu sighed, picking up his small cup of tea and gently sipping it. Once he finished, he placed the cup back on the saucer with a soft 'clink' and gave his next idea. "Of course the next idea would be to refuse Shoto entrance to UA."

"Not happening." Shouta interrupted, mirroring Izuku's angry expression. "It wouldn't be right to punish Shoto for dating someone!"

Nezu nodded. "I know. Which is why I'm fairly certain you'll both go for the third option."

"Which is...?" Shoto muttered, a small nervous expression on his face.

"Well, Izuku's will only be a teacher for class 1A and 1B - helping All Might and Eraserhead teach heroics class. He'll also be helping homeroom with 1A. However, there's not many heroics classes, so you'll have lessons in the support course - following your false identity as a support course student at our school."

Izuku slowly nodded. "I think I understand what you're saying..."

Nezu's grin grew even wider. "Would you care to explain for Eraserhead and Todoroki?" He said, his grin forming into a slight smirk that had Izuku feel like cold ice water was chucked down his back. He shivered, resisting the urge to run away screaming, and shakily smiled as he responded.

"Nezu wants to completely separate my identity as Izuku Aizawa and my identity as Deku."

"Correct!"

"W... What does that entail?" Shoto asked, confused.

"Well while I'm Deku at UA, I will be treating you the same as everyone else. I'll be pretending I don't know you, or Hitoshi, or Kacc - Bakugou, I'd be calling him. I should probably practise that..." Izuku sighed, frustratingly running his hand through his hair. "Anyway, while I'm a student we can have our relationship, but when I'm in my hero costume, that all has to change. No exceptions." Izuku turned to face Shoto, eyes cold and serious. "Do you understand? There is no better solution than this one."

Shoto gulped slightly, and slowly nodded, not liking when Izuku was angry at him. "Y - Yeah, Izuku... I understand."

Izuku's dead stare turned into a bubbly expression of joy, as he wrapped his arms around Shoto, the atmosphere in the room greatly lifted. "Now we have that sorted, let's celebrate! Can we get ice cream, dad?"

Shouta sighed but nodded, stepping out of the room to call Hizashi to invite him and Hitoshi to eat with them, Izuku and Shoto following close behind, hands tightly clasped together, as if when they eventually separated, their fingers would never be able to connect with one another again.

With soft, gentle gasps, they leaned towards one another in the confinement of the hallway that Shouta quickly speed-walked out of, and tenderly kissed one another. Izuku curled his arm across Shoto's neck to deepen the kiss for a few more seconds before separating, hands still connected, and continuing their journey... into the unknown.

Hiya! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

A few people had been asking me about Shoto and Izuku's relationship and how it'd be affected by Izuku becoming a teacher, so I figured I should probably address that. Essentially when he's Deku, everyone needs to consider him a separate person. This means he has to hide his identity from all the students. Class 1A, class 1B, the support course, and other general students around the school.

This part - Deku having two identities in UA - was the main focus of my original story, and yet it's chapter 72 and we've only just arrived at that concept XD

I'm very scared for this story length XD

Anyways, next chapter we should have some fluff - I think. Yeah, I think so. And if there isn't then I'll make sure there's some in the chapter afterwards haha.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊