Glass Heart - Chapter Twenty-Six

Izuku slowly walked into the ominous trial room, Shouta holding his hand to try and comfort him. Hizashi and Hitoshi stayed at home, as Shouta didn't want Hitoshi in such a pressured environment. He didn't really want Izuku there either, but without him there, there'd be a high chance that his father would escape scot free.

Lucky for them, they've got an ace up their sleeves - as long as Izuku is entirely honest.

As Izuku sat in his seat, overlooking the main area of the trial, his father was brought in. For a split second the two connected eyes - Hisashi's angry fire stare held Izuku's fearful one in it's gaze, until Shouta blocked the two of them. He angrily stared at Hisashi but didn't do anything else.

Once the stare was broken, Izuku gasped and turned his head away, burying it in Shouta's chest. Cameras flickered over to him and Shouta, and he flinched slightly, feeling the digital gaze stare at him. He's not entirely sure why but this case was one that is being recorded for the news. Probably because it involves an underground pro hero.

"Just a little bit longer kid, then it'll be over, okay?"

Izuku nodded, while keeping his head hidden in Shouta's chest.

For a few minutes, while everyone else slowly walked in, Shouta simply held Izuku close, and prayed that the trial would go well. That their secret weapon would arrive.

"You're going to be okay, kid." Shouta muttered to Izuku, "It'll all be over with soon."

As Izuku began to shake in fear and anticipation for the trial, Shouta began to second guess himself. Will everything really be okay? What had the defence attorney planned? What if Hisashi got off without any consequences? Izuku was quirkless... while Shouta had no problems with Izuku's quirklessness, what if the judge was biased against it? What if-

"Shouta?"

"Tsukauchi."

Finally, his secret weapon arrived.

They'll be fine.

---TimeSkip---

"I've never harmed my boy in my entire life! I've always taken amazing care of the quirkless br- of the sweet child." Hisashi claimed up on the stand, and Shouta couldn't hold back his growl that rose in the back of his throat. Dirty liar.

Tsukauchi heard his frustration and smiled at him, as the defence attorney made his last remarks, before Tsukauchi went to question Hisashi. "Don't worry, I've been in court before, and my quirk has always been a big part of the final judgement."

He strode forward and immediately told the judge of his quirk, so it'd be allowed in court. "My quirk, which you've graciously given me permission to use in court, allows me to detect whether someone is telling the truth or if they're lying."

Hisashi froze, beads of sweat starting to run down his face, and Shouta couldn't hold back his vicious grin that spread widely on his face.

"So tell me, have you ever physically harmed Izuku?"

"N... No...?"

Tsukauchi smiled slightly, and said: "Are you sure you don't want to change your answer?"

Hisashi's eyes widened slightly. "Y - You're bluffing. No - no I don't. Why would I?"

"Because... You're a liar."

Hisashi flinched, as the judge leaned closer. "Y - You're the liar!" Hisashi shouted, pointing at Tsukauchi.

"Tsukauchi has worked in the court room for three years and hasn't lied once." The judge declared. "I think we can assume he's telling the truth - and you're the liar."

"He's just sticking up for the quirkless minority!" Hisashi kept pushing his argument, but no one was really listening.

"Right..." The judge sighed. "Well since you've been declared a liar, we can't use any of your testimony, and will have to scratch it from the court record. I'm not sure how else to prove you're abusive aside from Tsukauchi though, so even though I want to give you a long sentence, if there's no other evidence then it'll only be a small sentence - and of course Shouta Aizawa and Hizashi Yamada get full custody of Izuku Midoriya - soon to be Izuku Aizawa I believe?"

Shouta nodded with a smile, as a spark lit in Izuku's eyes. He... he really was going to be adopted by Shouta. They... they were going to be a family...

But there was one more thing Izuku had to do. As Tsukauchi beckoned him up to the stand, Hisashi started to shake. He yelled at Izuku to get down from there, or to tell the court how kind Hisashi was to 'a brat like him'. Izuku wanted to run away.

But he did none of those things.

"Izuku, I need you to be honest." Tsukauchi said, and the room got so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. "Has your father abused you?"

Izuku took a deep breath in and out, trying to calm himself. One word and it would all be over.

One word... and he could be free.

"Y... Yes."

And the world erupted into chaos.

Hi everyone! I wrote this chapter during claaaaaaaaaaass! XD

I hope you enjoyed reading! It's currently the 8th of January still, the second chapter I've written today and it's only 10am, so I'm doing well. I'm so tired though XD

Anyway, next chapter is going to be a fun one... I actually want to write a small chapter... from Bakugou's perspective. Yes, from Bakugou's perspective.

This'll be fun to write XD

Okay I'm gonna go and write it now, haha

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊