Glass Heart - Chapter Forty-Three

"Hey kid. What's someone like you doing here?"

Shoto swivelled his head around and saw three - four? - figures (if you count the purple circle - oh wait he's now a person, so four) looking at him. Shoto bowed his head, and went to continue on his path, but his phone buzzed with a text from Izuku, and the figures noticed his lock screen background picture. A picture of himself and Izuku back at the cat café.

"Ooooh!" The girl with yellow hair exclaimed, jumping up and down excitedly. "That green-haired kid's one of Eraserhead's!"

Izuku? Shoto froze, sensing danger from these people next to him. If he ran, it could cause a fight. And because of these stupid 'don't use your quirks in public' laws, he'd get in massive trouble if he fought back. He took in a deep breath, and tried to calm down, as the people started to move closer to him with suspicion.

"So then who's this peppermint freak?" A man with multiple hands muttered irritatingly, scratching at his neck.

"Probably a close friend. Maybe something more..." A... familiar looking man responded with, getting too close to Shoto for comfort. Instantaneously, Shoto shot a small spark of ice towards the man, who easily jumped out of the way, lighting up his own flames to melt the ice, leaving no trace of either quirk behind.

"Dabi, calm down! You don't want to scare the civilians nearby now, do you?" The... purple mist man quickly interrupted their small battle, and - Dabi - calmed down.

"Kid." Dabi said quietly to Shoto. "We're villains. You've seen us, we're going to have to attack. We don't want to hurt you, it'd be easier if you just-"

Dabi was forced to cut himself off and whisk out his flames to block Shoto's flurry of ice attacks. They're villains. Everything now makes more sense. However, that doesn't mean Shoto can back down or run away - they mentioned they recognised Izuku, which means he may be in danger.

Well not on Shoto's watch he's not.

Dabi was such a fierce competitor on his own, that when the blonde haired girl joined the fight, he struggled to keep up. Fire, ice, and blood encircled each other in their own deadly dance, as small blasts of each spread across the sky.

Shoto breathed in deeply, trying to remain calm.

But he was getting tired.

The man with multiple hands eventually stood, and started walking over to Shoto, who was trying - and failing - to come up with a plan. This may be the end-

"No!" Dabi screamed, shooting flames in the multi-hand man's direction, making him back up slightly. "Don't kill him!"

They're... not going to kill him? Shoto paused for a split second - in shock.

And sometimes a split-second is all it takes.

The knife wielding girl quickly shot through the sky and knocked the blunt handle of one of her knives against Shoto's head hard, knocking him out cold.

...

Dabi breathed in deeply, the battle now over.

"Check his phone." He called to Toga, who ran up to the boy, swiped his phone, and used his fingerprints to unlock it, squealing in glee at the massive amount of pictures of the green-haired boy - Izuku Aizawa, if the profile picture on this ice-wielding boy - Shoto Todoroki - is to be believed.

Dabi struggled to maintain his emotions, carefully lifting Shoto and laying him gently down against a wall on the sidewalk.

"Why didn't you want to kill the brat?" Shigaraki asked, glancing at Dabi out of the corner of his eye.

"He... He... I just don't okay?!" Dabi yelled back.

Shigaraki sighed, knowing that he probably won't receive any more of an answer. "Very well. I guess. Anyway, he's seen us, we should probably head back to the bar and try to think of another plan. We can leave him there, he's been knocked out for a couple hours, right?"

Dabi decided not to mention to him that Shoto already seemed like he was waking up.

"But Eraserhead is right there!" Toga protested, clicking on the GPS feature of Shoto's phone and seeing Izuku's location - Eraserhead's house - saved. "And this kid's supposed to be there! We could-"

"No." Dabi growled, before swiftly turning back to Kurogiri. "Teleport us, now. Toga, you have to-"

But Toga was already gone. Scouting slightly, he spotted her - or 'him' - running somewhere, most likely Eraserhead's house. They had done some research before, but all they found is him outside the gates of UA with his family - a civilian male with yellow hair and two kids, one green-haired and one purple-haired.

Dabi honestly believed Toga's main reason for heading there was because it'd probably be her only opportunity to be close with the green-haired kid.

Dabi sighed. "Damn it." He turned to Shigaraki. "I guess we should try to help?"

Shigaraki sighed in unison, agreeing that they should have left before. "I guess. She's fairly strong, we may need her. Let's follow her to Eraserhead's house, and then keep watch. She most likely looks like that Todoroki reject-" Dabi once again had to retain his emotions, "-so it'll be a stealth mission, for information. If we run in there, we'd blow her cover."

Dabi glanced at Shigaraki out of the corner of his eyes. "You're being a lot smarter than normal."

Shigaraki flinched, anger in his eyes. "If we didn't have a game to play, I'd kill you here and now for that statement." He breathed in and out, and locked eyes with Dabi determinedly.

"But we have a game to play. To play - and win."

HI everyone! Sorry for not publishing a chapter this morning, I was at my part time job. I got back home about an hour ago, had lunch, and have been working on this! So don't worry, I'm doing alright. I'm just sorry you guys had to wait so long.

Dabi seems to care about Shoto :D

And Shigaraki seems smarter than he was at the start of the anime! And yeah I know technically Toga and Dabi aren't supposed to be with Shigaraki yet, because in the anime they both join the LOV after Stain, but... ehh, plot logic, I guess.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I'll see you all again soon!!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊