Glass Heart - Chapter Seven

Izuku was falling.

Or was he flying?

With all the wind rushing past his face, he hadn't checked.

Suddenly he hit the ground hard, feeling a massive jolt run through his body.

"Oh, I guess I was falling" he muttered to himself, glancing upwards.

Was he at school? Yes, he was at school. All he could see from this distance was the small rooftop, which at that moment never looked so far away.

Wait...

The rooftop?

"Izuku! Izuku dammit, stay with me!"

"Ka... cchan?" Izuku whispered, feeling faint and dizzy. He reached over, hands shaky, and desperately grabbed Katsuki's hand. Katsuki grew frantic, and tears formed in the corners of his eyes.

"Izuku please! Why did you jump? Why?!" Katsuki cried. "I'm sorry for calling you Deku! I'm sorry for not stopping the other bullies from leaving flowers on your desk! I promise to be better just DON'T DIE!"

His hands fell and slammed against the gravelly stone beneath him. A sticky substance coated his fingers, but try as he might, Izuku couldn't find the strength to lift his fingers to solve the mystery of what was on them.

He felt cold - numb. His eyes closed.

But then his energy returned.

Izuku opened his eyes back up again. Katsuki was still crying.

Izuku sat up to hug him, but his hands phased through. Shocked, Izuku spun back around, only to see Katsuki crying over Izuku's body.

"How can I see my own body so far away? Am I... dead?" Izuku whispered to himself, slowly beginning to cry. Katsuki's head suddenly turned to face him, his tears started turning red and bloodier, and as much as Izuku tried to wipe Katsuki's tears away, his hands just kept phasing through. Slowly his very skin mixed with his tears, and his skin slowly drained from Katsuki's face, falling into a very bloody puddle on the floor.

The pool of molten flesh started creeping closer to Izuku's feet, lapping at his shoes with ominous wails and cries. Izuku's eyes widened in fear.

Absolute fear.

"Ka... KA..."

"KACCHAN!!" Izuku screamed, bolting upright in his bed.

"Izuku? Izuku, are you okay?" Shouta asked frantically, calling him by his first name in his desperation and fear.

"Y - Yeah, I... I'm fine." Izuku said, lying back down onto the pillows. He glanced upwards and saw Shouta and Tsukauchi glancing at him in concern. "Seriously, I'm fine. It was just a dumb nightmare."

True. "Well, what was your nightmare about?" Tsukauchi asked Izuku gently. Izuku looked away, shame and anger in his eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"That's fine Iz- Midoriya." Shouta said, still giving him concerned glances. After a minute he gave a small smile. "Hey, I heard that nightmares are hidden fears. Once you get rid of your fear then the nightmare will go away? So Midoriya..."

Shouta leaned down so their faces were close, and eyes were level with one another's.

"... what's your fear?"

A flash of fear painted Izuku's face, and Shouta instinctively took a step back - only to realise he's sitting on a chair and fell over, taking the chair with him. Tsukauchi couldn't help but laugh, and when Shouta eventually got up and sat back down, he spotted Izuku with a small smile on his face too.

Shouta reluctantly dropped the topic. He didn't want to upset Izuku, but he thought if he could help Izuku with his fear then he'd be happier. For now though, Shouta would just have to show Izuku he cares in other ways.

"Oh! Midoriya." Tsukauchi remembered, jolting Shouta out of his thoughts. Tsukauchi walked to the edge of Recovery Girl's room and picked up a small backpack. "I completely forgot to give you this. H - Yamada found it earlier, and we intended to give it to you a few days ago honestly, but we've always been focused on other things."

Tsukauchi passes Izuku the small bag and Izuku clutched it like a lifeline, riffling through it, and eventually pulling out a small notebook with the words 'Hero Analysis for the Future No.5'. Izuku carefully traced the letters with his fingertip, and then opened the pages.

As he flipped through the tear stained pages of heroes and villains he had analysed, Shouta leaned over his shoulder and peeked at them without Izuku realising, too engrossed in the memories of his book. Shouta carefully took a snapshot and sent it off to Nezu, before quickly and silently returning to his seat, as Izuku turned his head around to look at him.

"E - Eraserhead?" Izuku asked.

"Shouta." Shouta corrected. "What is it?"

"May I - umm... May I p - please have a pen? Or pencil! Or anything really..." Izuku fumbled with his hands, while stammering out his question to Shota, who simply sighed with a hidden smile, and handed over a pen to Izuku from Chiyo's desk.

And with that, Izuku got to work.

Shouta and Tsukauchi, not wanting to disturb him, got up and quietly left to find Chiyo and inform her that Izuku had woken up.

"That kid is remarkable." Shouta said to Tsukauchi, clicking on the image he took earlier to show him. "I mean, look at this analysis work - not even my best students could accomplish this level of analysis. Honestly, it's similar to Nezu's level of work."

Tsukauchi put his hand to his chin, thoughtfully. "Well, maybe you could teach him?"

"Not that I don't want to, but the kid is nine. I mostly focus on teens, it'd be hard to teach someone with higher than adult intellect, that's in the body of a nine year old. The only person that'd really be up for the task is-"

Shouta cut off his sentence when his phone buzzed, and a message popped up. He checked it and his face paled.

"You go inform Chiyo of what's going on, Tsukauchi."

"Okay, but what is going on?" Tsukauchi asked.

Shouta frowned. "Nezu just texted me. He wants to meet Izuku immediately."

Hey guys! It's Sunday, so you know what that means!

... And with that I now have NO backups! Yay. Yaaaaaaaaayyyyy.

*ahem* anyways, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. This story will probably be the longest story I've ever written. I have a plan for this story - which I haven't ever had before - and I haven't even gotten to the second part of my plan yet - and neither have I truly gone into detail about Izuku's father.

There's definitely been hints about what's next to come in the book - and I did initially plan for Izuku to have that interview three or maybe even four chapters ago so that's probably coming soon - so you guys can probably guess the next few chapters. Either way, I'll do my best to make sure they're awesome and you guys like them!

I can't wait to see you guys next time!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊