Glass Heart - Chapter Thirty-Five

"So you're Endeavour's son then?" Izuku asked, leading Shoto to his favourite store.

Shoto nodded. "Yeah. He's my father."

"Yeah..." Izuku trailed off, noting how... apathetic Shoto seemed. As if... he held no emotion at all within him. Well then! Izuku silently raised his clenched fists against his chest, silently promising to himself that he'd bring Shoto's emotions back.

And the best way to start that process - was with ice cream.

The small bell chimed, as Izuku pushed the door open, and held it open for Shoto. The staff recognised Izuku as one of their regulars and smiled at him as he waved, walking into the small ice cream café store to find himself and Shoto a table to enjoy their ice creams.

After picking a table, Shoto and Izuku began to examine the menu.

"I - I'm not sure I can get anything... I don't have any money." Shoto whispered to Izuku.

"No worries Todoroki, I'll pay for you!" Izuku said, suddenly feeling very lucky that Shouta gave him and Hitoshi some emergency money, enough to pay for both their ice creams. "Do you not get any allowance at your home?"

"Not really... my father pays for everything, and no one else in the house is allowed to earn money. My sister spends all day cleaning, and my brother has to always be doing school work. And I..." Shoto hesitantly reached his left hand and clutched his right arm with it, before jumping slightly, and letting go. "I... am kept busy also."

Izuku frowned, feeling like there was something more there, but not pushing it. "Okay... but having no money means you don't really get to go out much."

Shoto nodded. "That's why I was in the park. It's free, and it's peaceful."

Izuku smiled, happy Shoto was beginning to warm up to him, and be honest. "Does your father know you're here?" He asked, deciding on his ice cream flavour. Shoto shook his head, pointing out a flavour on the menu.

"No, he doesn't. I often leave the house around now though, and he knows I like the park so... he shouldn't be too annoyed by it."

Izuku frowned, both by what Shoto said, and also because he picked out the cheapest flavour - a singular scoop of chocolate ice cream. Well Izuku wasn't having that.

A waitress walked over to their table and asked if they had picked out their ice creams.

"Yes, we have!" Izuku chirped. "I'll have the Chocolate Caramel Swirl Sundae, and Todoroki will have the Chocolate Swirl Sundae."

"The what?" Shoto muttered, as the waitress smiled and left with their orders.

"Did you really think I wouldn't notice you picked the cheapest option? The sundae is really nice, and I know you like chocolate, otherwise you wouldn't have picked the chocolate flavour. So try the sundae, I promise it's really good. I would've ordered the same one I'm having but I wasn't sure if you like caramel."

"I... I haven't had caramel before." Shoto muttered in reply.

"You... what?" Izuku was lost - how could someone have not had caramel before?

"I've had plain chocolate before - when I was very young - but I've never had caramel before." Izuku's face fell, and his jaw dropped open in shock. "Or ice cream." And Izuku's open jaw hit the floor.

"Well then!" Izuku's eyes grew determined. "I'll make sure this ice cream is the best you'll ever have!"

The ice cream arrived, and Izuku wasted no time in asking about toppings, before being pointed towards the 'add your own toppings' section - which in restaurants is not normally well taken care of, but in a hidden gem of a store is actually maintained fairly well - and adding it to their overall bill.

Izuku dragged Shoto over and began to put toppings on his chocolate and caramel sundae, while instructing Shoto to do the same with his sundae.

"Just add whatever you think looks like it would taste good." Izuku said, adding some chocolate chips and sprinkles on his. Shoto watched Izuku for a moment, and slowly reached his hand over to the small scooper and scooped some chocolate chips and sprinkles onto his own ice cream.

"Are you sure you just want chocolate chips and sprinkles? I didn't add much else because I've got caramel in my ice cream. Maybe grab some chocolate which has caramel inside it?" Izuku offered, pointing to a bowl and scooper which contain small chocolate discs with caramel inside. Shoto nodded and added about five to his ice cream.

"Thank you, Aizawa." Shoto said, as they sat back down at their table. "This has been... fun."

Izuku smiled. "I'm really glad you had fun!" He paused. "Hey, do you have a phone?" Shoto nodded. Izuku grinned. "Hey, let's swap numbers then! We could chat whenever we like. And we could schedule more days like this!"

Shoto's eyes widened. "You... want to spend time with me?"

"Yes! You're so pret-" Izuku coughed, glancing away from Shoto's eyes. "It's been really fun hanging out with you! We... we could be friends?"

Shoto froze. "F... friends?"

He popped a small scoop of ice cream into his mouth, copying Izuku's movements - he had no idea you weren't supposed to bite into ice cream - and smiled.

"That would be... really nice."

BONUS:

Izuku stumbled back into his home, face flushed.

"Shut up." He said to Hitoshi, who was already walking over to him with a grin on his face.

"Dad! Papa Zashi!" Izuku called, and they quickly arrived.

"What is it, little listener?" Hizashi said, walking into the room with Shouta, who was sipping his afternoon coffee.

"... I think I'm gay."

Aizawa spat out his coffee and coughed slightly. "That was... out of nowhere." He said, smiling a little.

"YES! OUR CHILDREN ARE TAKING AFTER US, SHOU!" Hizashi screamed, hugging Shouta tightly.

Izuku glanced at Hitoshi, raising his eyebrow. "Yeah, I told them the same thing a few weeks ago." Hitoshi answered Izuku's silent question, a small smile on his face.

"So you're all good with it?" Izuku asked.

Shouta walked over and crouched down to Izuku's level. "Kid why wouldn't we be okay with it? We wouldn't care if you told us you were a pink unicorn, you're still our kid. Granted it was a bit sudden..." He glanced at the spit out coffee on the ground. "... but coffee can be remade."

Izuku hugged Shouta tightly, Hizashi and Hitoshi quickly joining in on the hug.

It felt good to be home.

Hey! New chapter is out! Hope you guys like reading this one.

It's a bit longer than normal, so yay!!

Anyways, Shoto and Izuku are getting aloooong :D

This author's note is going to be short because its really early in the morning and I'm tired XD

I hope you enjoyed reading and I'll see you all again soon.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊

PEACHY FROM THE FUTURE HERE HA :D

Okay, I just wanted to say that because I've started updating multiple times every day, I'm not going to use spares anymore - so as soon as I've written a chapter I'm going to publish it. I hope you guys don't mind, it just makes it all a bit easier for me this way.

OKAY AGAIN (haha)

Peachy out! 😊