Glass Heart - Chapter Sixty

"You seem to have something on your mind, Izuku." Nezu said as they began their game of chess. Izuku nodded in response, as he moved his first pawn. He waited for Nezu to continue speaking, curious as to what Izuku wants to discuss. "I have to admit, I'm curious. What's the matter?"

"Katsuki Bakugou." Izuku said, moving a bishop.

Nezu jumped slightly in surprise. "Bakugou? That boy who bullied you for years? What about him?" Nezu lost focus slightly, and missed Izuku's trap, walking right into it.

Izuku grinned, taking one of Nezu's castle's for free. "I want him to be allowed the chance of enrolling at UA."

"I see." Nezu moved another piece, deciding to focus on protecting the king and queen. "That is a difficult request to permit. Why should I proceed with this line of discussion?"

"Because Kacchan would make a great hero." Izuku replied bluntly, chasing the two pieces across the board with his castle.

"Would he now?" Nezu muttered, moving another piece. His attention was now divided - as he thought about whether or not Katsuki would actually make a decent hero, that he fell into another trap - and Izuku used that opportunity to take Nezu's queen.

"Yes, he would. Katsuki's improving, and I don't think decisions he made years ago should affect his future now." Izuku continued, starting to take over the board. He tried to hold back his optimism, as if he won it'd be the first time he ever defeated Nezu. "Kacchan... would make an amazing hero - he just needs to be given the opportunity."

"I see." Nezu replied, playing another piece. Izuku seized his chance...

... and checkmated Nezu - who hadn't realised his other pieces blocked in his king - stopping the king's escape routes - until it was too late.

"I won." Izuku said, breathless.

Nezu nodded. "So you have. Tell me," He leaned forward. "If Katsuki does enter UA, what do I win? What would I get from this?"

"Oh? You'd get an amazing potential hero, of course? And I'm not asking you to give Kacchan an exception and just allow him to attend UA, no, I'm just asking you allow him to take part in the entrance exam and aren't biased against him when you award him points." Izuku glanced off to the side, confused. "What else would you want?"

"I'd want something from you of course - a transaction needs to be fair on both sides."

"... what would you want from me?" Izuku asked, confused.

"Why, isn't that obvious?" Nezu's smile grew wider, and Izuku for the first time in a while, felt incredibly intimidated by him. "I want you to become a teacher at UA!"

"A... A what?!"

---TimeSkip---

"No."

"Dad-"

"No."

"But Dad-"

"Izuku I said no, and that's final." Shouta growled and glanced away, frustrated just at the idea of Izuku becoming a teacher at UA - not even because he would want to! It would be because the rat FORCED him into it, for this dumb friend of his. "Izuku, this is a bad idea. Do you even want to be a teacher at UA?"

"I... I think so?" Izuku replied, taking the time to pause and think about it. "While initially no, I actually think this'd be a good experience for me. I don't need to go to UA, because I already have my hero license. And Nezu said I didn't have to go for another two school years - so I won't be leaving Hitoshi behind. "

"Kid, Hitoshi's your brother. He'd support you either way-"

"And also!" Izuku didn't let Shouta get a word in edgewise and continued rambling about the opportunity Nezu had given him. As Shouta continued to listen, he realised Izuku genuinely had thought about this, and hadn't just accepted because of Katsuki.

The plan was that Izuku would stay in his current school until it became the time for him to naturally move to a high school, in order to protect his civilian identity. He would be enrolled in the Support Course at UA - a chance to improve his weapons while again keeping his identity a secret - the support course's classes are the most flexible, so he'd have ample opportunity to teach hero students, helping both Shouta and Toshinori - whom Nezu was certain would teach UA eventually - in their hero classes.

Izuku seemed apprehensive about All Might - Shouta wasn't exactly sure why, but either way, Nezu said Izuku was in charge during All Might's classes, so Izuku didn't seem concerned enough that Shouta deemed it an issue.

"You've really thought about this, huh, Problem Child?"

"Dad..." Izuku trailed off, glancing back at Shouta. "... I think I have. I think..."

"I think I'd like to become a UA teacher!"

Hi everyone! Hey finally I'm back on track with the main story! Soon I'll probably do another time skip, as there isn't much left that I need to write about before UA begins, honestly I can only think of one thing right now that's left to do before UA starts, but I guess we'll see.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Izuku finally beat Nezu at chess! And Izuku's gonna be a UA teacher! Yes, that means Izuku won't be in class 1A, but he's already a hero - it wouldn't have made any sense for him to be there anyway? AAAND with another open spot, means there's room for a certain purple haired student to appear :D

See you guys again soon for the next chapter!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊