Glass Heart - Chapter Thirty-One

Deku stood, on a tall apartment building, watching the civilians go about their day. In the corner of his eye, he spotted a small blue balloon float by, and quickly jumped, flipping over the gap in between buildings and grabbing the small string during his flip, and landed on another building, the balloon string tight in his grip.

Quickly scouring the citizens below, he spotted a small boy crying, and being comforted by his mother. He jumped down and held the balloon out to them. "Is this yours?" He asked. The boy looked up with wide eyes and nodded.

Izuku laughed. "Then maybe keep a better hold of it next time!" He said, passing the child the balloon. His mother thanked him, as she tied it to his wrist, so it wouldn't fly away very easily.

"Thank you, uhh..."

Izuku smiled widely.

"Call me Deku! I'm your Quirkless Hero!"

Deku took a few days to fully hit social media - most of his hero work consisted of helping civilians with smaller acts alongside the thief or robbery or attempted murder. However, after he accompanied Eraserhead and Snipe on a mission to take down a small smuggling ring, his name and hero face quickly became big news.

A quirkless hero? Was such a thing even possible?

There was so much concern and anger directed towards Deku and the Hero Association for letting someone whose quirkless - incompetent - become a hero.

And yet...

"It's Deku!"

"Go, Deku!"

"Show them what the apparent 'weak' can really do!"

Deku grinned, as he jumped past people whose mindset he had already changed. They cheered as he moved, and even people who didn't support him, still seemed captivated by his movements - maybe something to do with his costume?

There was no cape or anything - just a simple black one-over, with green diagonal stripes all over. There was a black belt in the centre which held all his useful gadgets, and a mask that doubled as a voice changer that covered his face. He also had black gloves on his hands which were easily removable - and he mostly kept them in his pockets, preferring for his hands to not be covered.

He originally wanted a massive hood, in the shape of a bird or cat, but after discussing with his dads, he eventually decided on a bunny hood - it was large so that his face was covered - although easily detachable - but with a bunny look it would be easier to calm children if they're in stressful situations. Who doesn't like rabbits?

A sudden bang interrupted Izuku's thoughts, and his head turns to the sound.

A gunshot.

A woman falls to the ground, blood seeping from her stomach. Izuku felt like throwing up. A man stood over her - a silver gleam shimmering in his hand.

And Izuku felt himself move.

Within seconds he had arrived on the scene, and wasted no time kicking the gun out of the man's hands and catching it with his own hand. The man jumped, as Deku focused his attention back to him instead of the deadly weapon, and he began to shake.

"I, uhh... I'm sorry! Don't hurt me!"

Deku sighed, angry, before removing the extra rope from his belt and tying the man to a pole, knowing the woman's safety takes priority so he can't escort the man to jail. Quickly calling Tsukauchi and explaining the situation, he multitasked so at the same time he also checked the woman's injuries - thankfully just the one.

After ending the call, he put on his gloves and placed the gun in the holder the rope was in, before picking up the woman bridal-style, and removing his extendable black baton to help him jump safely. He made sure to remove his gloves again now they weren't needed - and also to have a better grip on the baton.

After dropping the woman off at the hospital and making sure she was being helped by the staff, he quickly went back to the spot he'd left the criminal, sighing in relief once he noticed the police had already arrived. He jumped down to retrieve his rope and hand the police the gun the criminal used - of course putting on his gloves first - before heading back on patrol.

A skinny skeletal man watched Deku leave.

"I think... he's the one."

Hi! New chapter! I have a bit more of a plan now - but that's mostly for the ending haha. I'm kinda winging it right now? XD

It's the 11th and its 6AM! Yayyyy XD

I keep my morale up with 'killer - Komaeda Nagito AMV' :D

Oh! Thank you to Thegachainkling for helping me with the costume! Your ideas really helped - especially the baton, I love that idea :D

Okay, I should get back to writing haha

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊