47| They're married

Started writing on 2nd January 2020.
Completed on 6th January 2020.
Word count : 4261 words
__________________________

- D I V Y A -

We were back from our three month long honeymoon and it was amazing!

While I was going to enter inside my cabin I saw a group of ladies of our department talking about something. I tried to walk to my room by escaping them, but failed. "Divya, you're back!" Maya shouted, standing between the group. Ofcourse, she's the leader of gossiping. But why does she need to shout? "When did you arrive?"

"Just yesterday."

"And why did you come to office this early? You could have taken a leave to rest." She asked.

"I know but I need to check my work too. I can't just leave my responsibilities."

"Okay, okay. Where did you go for your honeymoon?"

"Do I need to name all the places?" I asked and she nodded. "Okay. We went to Switzerland and then to Japan, and then to Bali and then to-"

"Wait! Did you go on honeymoon or a world tour?"

"Honeymoon."

"Okay, then tell me about all your destinations."

"Hmm. Switzerland, Japan, Indonesia, New Zealand, Maldives, Greece, Iceland, Mexico, France, Russia, Thailand and then back to India, traveling our country for two and a half weeks."

"Okay, relax. Did you really get time to travel these many countries? I mean for my honeymoon, we went to a single place. And in that also, we couldn't go for sight-seeing at all."

"We need to take out time for everything."

"Hmm..... Well, am I going to be auntie?"

"What?"

"Aren't you pregnant?"

"Why would I be pregnant? I mean, why do you think like that?"

"No, nothing. I've heard that children conceived during honeymoon are intelligent. So I thought that maybe, you could be pregnant." She said while sipping her orange juice.

"Seriously? You believe in these things?"

"No, you always plan things. So I thought-"

"Don't worry. My child will be intelligent, ofcourse and there's no doubt in it."

"So you've already planned it, right?" She teased.

"No."

"I know right. You're too fast forward. You've planned your first child."

"No, you're wrong."

"Maybe, you are pregnant but you don't want anyone to know."

"Maya!" I whined and stomped inside my cabin. Opening the file of all the sales and progress, I buried myself in work rather than gossiping around.

With a ping, a notification appeared on my screen about a meeting of our department, going to be held in twenty minutes. Closing all my files, I switched my PC off and walked out the main area to get some fresh air, but saw everyone bustling around.

"What's the matter?" I asked Maya.

"A sudden meeting. Maybe, a big problem for us."

"Why?"