35| Fasting

Started writing on 2nd November 2020.
Completed on 7th November 2020.
Word count : 4380 words
_______________________

- D I V Y A -

"Hey. Wake up!" A voice trailed me out from my beautiful dream. "Divya! Wake up or I'll deduct your salary." The owner of the voice patted my back.

"Why do you always have to threaten me with my salary?" I asked.

"Because that's the only dear thing for you." He said.

"Yeah. You're right." I nodded.

"So.... Don't you have a special place for me in your heart?" He asked while pouting.

"Yes. A very special place. The place of a fool." I teased him.

"Really madam? It's a sin to call your husband by these names."

"No book taught me these intellectual and spiritual knowledge. Thank you for providing me with such a meaningful thought." I said with my most sarcastic tone ever. He arched his eyebrows in a questionable manner and held his arms in air. "What? I don't want to see your arms?" I said seeing his wide open arms. He nodded in negative and directed my gaze to his palms. "What should I do with your hands?"

"How are they?"

"What? Your hands? Do I need to give a compliment for them?" I asked and he nodded. "Okay. They're muscular and big."

"Thank you for your compliments." He said and kept one of his hand on my waist.

"What?" I asked but it was already too late as he had shifted his hand inside my shirt, over my bare waist. "What are you-"

"Shh..." He whispered moving near me and started drawing patterns on my waist. Wasn't it all going too fast? "So.... You really don't have a proper place for me in your heart?" He asked for which I nodded in negative to tease him. Suddenly, he started moving his hands up and down, in an awkward way, tickling me softly.

"Wait. No..." I said but in vain.

"Only you can stop me. Just tell me my place in your heart." He said. Really? Why is he always so adamant?

"Wait! Ayaan stop...." I cried in laughter but his tickles got more harder than before.

"Your answer and I'll stop."

"Please stop. I can't..... Aaah!!" I shouted due to the pain in my abdomen, all thanks to constant laughing and he left me immediately.

"I'm sorry. Are you alright? Is it paining a lot?" He asked worriedly.

"Yeah. It's okay now." I said while getting up from the bed.

"Do you need any help?" He asked and I nodded in negative. "I'm sorry. I forgot that you're...."

"It's alright. I'm fine now." I said excusing myself to the bathroom.

××

"Dadi, you called me?"

"Yes. Sit down. We need to discuss a few things." She said and I sat down next to her, while Ayaan was sitting just in my front with a phone in his hand. "Did you get all the things for tomorrow?"

"Is there something special tomorrow?" I asked being unaware of what she was talking about.

"Don't you know? I thought Kritika would have informed you about everything."

"She hasn't." I smiled.

"Tomorrow is your first karva chauth and you don't know." Dadi said. Oh shit! How come I didn't know about it? In this situation if I say that I was unaware of it, then dadi will count me in her black list. If I say yes, then also I can't do anything as I don't know what she'd ask the next moment.