2| New CEO

Started writing on 25th April 2020.
Completed on 27th April 2020.
Word count : 2315 words
____________________________________

When Divya and Ayaan are 26, (present day)

- D I V Y A -

This is the life I wanted— no hassles, no family business. Live by yourself. And now, I'm not Divya, I'm CA Divya. I'm feeling as if I'm on top of the world.

No, I'm not high.

And, the place where I work is a conglomerate. The feeling of working here couldn't be expressed. Only 1 out of every 5 lakh candidates is selected to work here. Due to my good rank and fabulous articleship results, it was pretty easy for me to join here without any problems.

And these are the people I know here:

Maya, my best friend in office who loves to offer advices and is the supervisor.

Karan, a designer who never leaves a chance of flirting.

Diya, an accountant under me who always tries to be as far from people as she can. Can also be called an introvert.

Srishti, a girl who never leaves the chance of showing off. Pretty good at being self-centred and jealous at heart. But an excellent designer. And,

Aman, a curly man. Sorry, his hair is. He's a noble man and the current manager of our department, designing department.

Everyone of them have their own trait. But one thing common in them is their devotion towards their work.

"Divya!" Called a girly voice. It belonged to..... Maya.

"Good morning. What happened? So nervous?" I asked.

"What to say? All these people are just a headache. I hate all these seniors." Maya's voice was a little sad then earlier.

What would have happened to make her face frowned? Has something happened?

"What have these seniors done? Any new gossip?" I was really curious to know what would have happened. Maya, a mother of a five year old had a bubbly personality, which made us friends.

I remember my first day here at work. She was the first person whom I saw having a non-serious personality, who reached me and started the conversation. She's the person whom I meet whenever I have any problem, seeking for a friendly advice.

"CEO!" She mumbled touching the coffee mug with her lips.

"What happened to CEO? Is he ill? Is he no more? How did he die?" My mouth muttered in a jiffy.

"Nothing. He's alive. He's retiring. So now we'll have a new one. The board will decide the next CEO. Life was so good till now. Our CEO is really a good human being. But now we don't even know who'll rule us."

"Rule. Aren't all these CEO's same. Why would someone rule us?" I asked. What did she say? CEO Rule their employees. But ours is too good.

"You really don't know anything about this world. Till now we had a friendly senior. But now it'll be a different scenario. You know our board members. How strict they are! I just wish that we don't have a moody CEO." She said sadly.

Really? CEO is resigning? But why? And who'll be the next CEO? Huh..... My phone rang, more of vibrate, and I picked it up. "Hello!" After listening to the talks I just said, "Okay."

"Who's there?" asked Maya as if she's my husband and I'm betraying her.

"My schoolmate. She was inviting me for the class reunion. And I'm going." Really a get-together after so many years. I just wanted to see how they all are living and what they're doing at this point of life.