26| The Culprit

Started writing on 14th September 2020.
Completed on 17th September 2020.
Word count : 3180 words

_________________________

- A Y A A N -

"I like you!" I said and kissed on her neck, just below her ear.

When I looked at her, her expression were as if I've confessed that I'm pregnant! A man is pregnant! Her eyes were coming out of sockets, and lips parted, just the perfect shocked expression.

"What!" She mumbled and looked at me.

"Did you really believe it?" I laughed loudly and reverted my confession as the situation was too shocking for her to handle.

"What? No... Why would I believe you?" She said and turned towards the slab to cook. "My pancake's burnt, just because of you. Make your own breakfast. I won't share my food."

"Alright." I said and pushed her aside to cook pancakes for both of us.

"What?" She was irritated.

"I'll make it, you can sit there." I offered.

"No thanks. I have hands. I can cook on my own." She being adamant came once again to cook, for herself. The was no use in fighting with her. I picked her up, seeing her legs kicking in air to get free and threw her on the sofa.

"Stay here! Statue!" I said and went back to kitchen to cook. I'm a great chef by the way.

×× ××

- D I V Y A -

"We could make a step forward. Don't you think it's good?" What step?

"What step?" I turned facing him.

"I'll let you know." He said in a husky voice pacing towards me. What is he going to do? He rubbed his cheeks with mine making me shocked to hell, and blew his warm breath below my ears causing me to shiver.

Why wasn't I able to move?

"I like you!" He said and kissed my neck. What? What?? What???

Why does he like me?

"What!" I mumbled and looked at him.

"Did you really believe it?" He started laughing.

I knew it. He likes Janine. There is something going on between them. Why am I bothering so much?

"What? No... Why would I believe you?" I said and turned towards the slab to cook. How can this man joke on a topic like this? "My pancake's burnt, just because of you. Make your own breakfast. I won't share my food."

"Alright." He said and pushed me. How dare he?

"What?" I asked him.

"I'll make it, you can sit there." He said.

"No thanks. I have hands. I can cook on my own." I said. Suddenly he picked me up and carried me to the living room. To free myself I tried to offer him kicks but in vain. He threw me on the sofa.

"Stay here! Statue!" He said and went to the kitchen.

Statue?

Are we three year olds, playing the statue game?

"Here we have our breakfast." Sighed Ayaan and went towards the dining table. We had our respective breakfasts, I ate the ones made by me while he ate the ones he made. "Mine is too tasty." He moaned.