50| Life of 3 weeks

Started writing on 13th January 2021
Completed on 17th January 2021.
Word count : 4147 words
_____________________

– A Y A A N –

" .............Sir, what about tomorrow's meeting?"

"Just postpone it."

"We can't. The Australian clients would be leaving by then."

"Then let it be preponed. How about today noon?"

"I'll talk to them."

"The earlier the better." I said and he nodded.

It's Dhruv and Natasha ring ceremony tomorrow and I need to be there. The first reason, I'm groom's brother in law. And second reason, I'm his brother in law, again.

What I mean is— I'm his sister's husband and also his wife's cousin in a way, as dadi married her dadu!

Their relationship was approved by both the families just a week back and now they're getting married following all the rituals.

"Sir, meeting is finalized for noon."

"Hmm..." I hummed while doing my work and he left. Working through all my work till noon, I finally sighed and left for the meeting. Just when the meeting with Australian clients was over in the evening, I looked through all my files and went back to home.

Divya was at home after taking a half day as she was not feeling well. I clearly suggested for me to stay with her, but she denied saying that it would disrupt my meeting.

"Divya!" I shouted while entering but got no response. "Divya!" Walking inside, I sat on the couch and saw a glass filled with drink kept on the table.

Such a caring wife she is!

Here she is not feeling well, but still she kept something to drink for her tired husband!

Picking the glass up, I drank it in a go and spilt it through my mouth in an instant.

What did she keep in the glass?

It was too sour!

Maybe lemon shots!

"You're back?" She asked while carrying a bunch of packet of chips and sat beside me.

"Yes, I am. By the way, what did you keep in the glass?"

"Which glass? Where?"

"On the table." I said and she looked towards empty glass on the table.

"You drank it? I kept it for drinking!" She shouted.

"That's why I drank it. I couldn't eat it right?"

"I mean I kept it for myself! Why did you drink it?"

"I didn't drink it, I spilt it. And why were you drinking that shit?"

"Can't I?" She asked while raising her eyebrow.

"You can, but who drinks squeezed lemon?"

"I. Do you have any problem?"

"Nope. Continue."

"Continue? How will I when you drank my juice?"

"So? What do you want me to do?"

"Take three lemons and squeeze them. Don't mix anything in it." She said without pausing, "Bring it in five minutes."