24| Red Is For The Deal

Started on 3rd September 2020.
Completed on 5th September 2020.
Word count : 4504 words
____________________________

– A Y A A N –

What's wrong with her? Here I am concerned about her, asking for her whereabouts and this lady wants me be quiet. Bad girl!

As it was already seven thirty and I was already ready and free, I switched on the music system and started dancing and enjoying. There was no sign of Divya, so I increased the volume to piss her off. Now she would come and start barking on a poor soul like me! She would say– 'Don't you have any manners? Is this a way to increase the bass and volume?'

And then coolly I would say– 'Don't worry senorita! You're manner freak, I'm a rule-breaking freak. We'll suit each other perfectly. What say?'

"Excuse me. Would you slow down the volume please?" I heard Divya saying, standing outside the room. She wasn't actually saying, she was shouting to make her voice reach my ears through this loud music. Did she say 'excuse me'? When did she start talking to me so politely?

"Loudness." She said and I realised I was standing on the same spot. I ran and quickly switched off the system. She turned back and went away. Why isn't she irritated by this? Everytime I do something she would be pissed off but now it's like she's not interested.

Why didn't she enter my room? As per what I know she had never came to this room. Is my room a haunted place or is it a sin to enter this place? What if it is? Who knows?

Oh shit! How could I forget about the new era party. Today is the result day of New Era Contest as well as the joint party. And Mr Park would be coming there too. If we could sign a deal with the Park's, it would be a dream come true.

But he's too low profiled and strict. He always deals with a company whose ideas are productive and interesting but at the same time he's a family man who would want his partners to be the same too. He's such a man who would run only on his ethics.

As he would sign the deal only with a man who loves his family, I could only take my wife with me. But the question is, would she agree?

I came down and saw her preparing food. Taking it as a good chance to ask I walked towards her and snaked my arms around her waist. She was shocked by this sudden movement.

Why?

Were we ever in a romantic relationship?

No!

Then it was obvious for her to be shocked. "What... are you doing?" She asked and tried to move away.

"Shh. Listen to me first. And then you can say what you want." I said and she stood still. "I want a favor from you. Please don't deny."

"What favor?"

"Can you accompany me in a party tonight?" I asked.

"Take someone else." She turned and moved to make the dough.

"Then can you suggest someone?"

"Ask Adarsh. He's your assistant." She said.

"Do you think I would take a man as my partner?"

"There's no rule. Or you can ask any of the female worker."

"I can't. There are two reasons. First– an important client will come there and he wants to deal with a person who is a family man. So I could only be accompanied by my wife. Second– the New Era Contest's results would be declared today in the party. So what's your decision?"