44| Will you be my Girlfriend

Started writing on 25th December 2020.
Completed on 25th December 2020.
Word count : 4751 words
________________________

- N A T A S H A -

"Will you go on a dinner with me?" Dhruv asked.

When I was coming out from Divya's room, he pulled me like the last time and pinned me between the wall and his body. Why is always hell bent on surprising me by doing this? What's the need to do all this when there's no future for us?

"Do I have to answer you now?" I hesitated and asked. He nodded and I said, "Okay, then I'm ready."

"Then I'll pick you up from your house tomorrow evening." He said and I nodded. He smiled and kissed on my forehead before walking out.

Is he really Dhruv?

Why do I think he's an imposter?

Doppelgänger?

Maybe not. It suits only in movies. Too scary to be real!

I walked out and went to the main area. "Natasha beta!" Divya's mumma called.

"Yes auntie."

"Don't call me auntie. You can call me mumma, just like Dhruv and Divya." She said. What? But why? "For me you're just like my daughter. So don't hesitate to call me mumma."

"Okay auntie." I said and she glared, "I mean mumma."

"Hmm... Good. Take care. I need check many things, I'll go." She said and went away. Walking towards the food area, I picked a drink and sipped it slowly.

"Hey!" A man said and sat beside me.

"Yes."

"You're.....?" Doesn't he know me? Me? Well, I know this trick. He would act as if he doesn't know me and he'll act too clingy, and think that maybe I would be impressed by him.

"I'm the tenth daughter of my parents." I lied and his face clearly showed the extent to which he was shocked.

"Really?"

"Hmm..."

"Don't you wanna know my name?" He asked and I nodded in negative.

"Nope. I don't have any interest in knowing your name."

"I'm Karan Garg. And in two years, I would be India's biggest fashion designer."

"Ohh..." I said while stirring my drink.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"No."

"Let's go on a date tonight. You can take the decision then." He said.

"I'm sorry but she won't." I was about to say no when a familiar voice stood behind me.

"You're Divya's brother right?"

"Yes, I'm Divya's brother."

"You should go and check the arrangements. Let me talk with my date."

"This is not a dating spot."

"Any place could be a dating spot where beautiful women like her are. Why are you still here? Please don't invade our privacy."

"Privacy? She's my fiancee." Dhruv said and I choked on my drink. When did we engage?

"But there's no news about her marriage over the net."

"Some things are for privacy. Hope you understand this." Dhruv said and dragged me from that place. "Natasha I-"