31| Accident

Started writing on 5th October 2020.
Completed on 10th October 2020.
Word count : 3590 words
______________________

- D I V Y A -

"Is it Mrs Ayaan Chauhan?" The voice asked and I hummed, "Your husband had a car accident. He is not in a good condition."

"What?"

How did he have car accident?

Who told him to travel out at this time?

Why did he went out?

"Which hospital?" I asked and she told me the address. I quickly ran out and drove as fast as I could. Even the speed of hundred kilometre per hour felt too slow. What's wrong with the car? As soon as the scene of building of hospital reached my eyes, I climbed out the car to go inside the hospital as fast as I could.

Everyone in the way started ogling me.

Why?

And then I realised what I was wearing- the same black nightdress! Why didn't I change my dress before sleeping?

I quickly took the overcoat from my car and ran inside, wearing the coat. I reached outside the operation theatre in which he was and waited for the red light to go off. In the meantime I informed both the parents about him.

"Adarsh, do you know why Ayaan was traveling out at this time?" I called Adarsh, to ask if he knew the reason.

"He had a meeting." He said.

"At this time?"

"Yes. He postponed all his afternoon meetings, but there was an important client who's leaving tomorrow, so he had to attend the meeting urgently." He said.

"Ohh! Thank you." I sighed.

"What happened mam? Is everything alright?" He asked.

"He had accident. He's in operation theatre." I sobbed. My tears were flowing by themselves. Don't know why?

"Should I come there Mam?" He asked.

"No.... It's alright. Here are already many people." I said and saw both the parents coming towards me.

"How's Ayaan?" Dad asked and I could do nothing but cry.

"Sit down and stop crying. Nothing would happen to him." Mumma consoled me, while dad went to check the bills.

"But mumma...."

"Shh.... Nothing will happen. He's alright." Mom said and sat down beside me. After an hour, the red light in front of OT went off and doctor came out.

"How's Ayaan?" I asked the doctor.

"He is alright, just that.... "

"What?"

"We don't know if he would wake up." Doctor said. Is he mad?

"Doctor, are you sure what you're saying?" I asked and he nodded.

"He had a fatal accident. It's a miracle that he's alive for now but we can't save him from death. We don't even know if he would wake up. Only if he wakes up in the coming ten hours, he would be saved...." He said and went. Ayaan was then shifted to a private room.

But how can this happen?

How can a small car accident be this fatal?

This shouldn't happen. Please! Hope it's just a dream.

"This can't happen...." Was the only thing I could say.

After two hours or so I opened the gate of his room and entered inside. He was sleeping, with cast attached to his left hand. I sat beside him and watched him. His face was looking so pale.