17| Prank backfires too I

Started writing on 10th July 2020.
Completed on 30th June 2020.
Word count : 2440 words

____________________________

- D I V Y A -

This whole week was hell of tiring. After the sales started, everyone felt a little relief because this big project is completed. But my work isn't fully over. The proper use of finances and the gains will be under my team's check all the time.

After some time everyone came outside the meeting room. As soon as I came outside and started my journey towards cafeteria I saw many people checking me.

But why?

Am I Miss World?

Or a terrorist?

None of them. Then why is everyone gazing me?

While walking through the way to escalators everyone just looked at me and then at their phone screen and then once more towards me, greeting me with a big smile.

What's happening? Is there any rumour of mine on the phone?

Then in the main lobby, all the humans which were left stared at me with their two eyes widened, which were coming out from their sockets.

Once more I want to ask. What has happened?

I reached cafeteria and ordered coffee and some snacks for my evening food. I was pulling out my card to pay the bill but the cashier stopped me from paying and instead gave me two more puddings and cakes.

Why is everyone behaving so different with me?

All the time my phone kept buzzing with loads of messages. I went to the nearest table, kept all my food on it and then pulled my phone out. There were around hundred messages in the company's gossip group. Maya forcefully added me in the group saying that it will give a break to my machine-like mind but I've never seen even a single rumour from the group as I was never interested in it. Rest ten messages were by Maya.

I took a bite of my burger and sipped my coffee.

Because messages can wait, but food can't. After finishing my burger, both the puddings and one of the cake, I went to devour my second cake and at the same time checked the messages sent by Maya.

Divya!

Did you hear the news?

Did Ayaan spill it out?

I'm not at fault.

I haven't done this.

I swear.

I swear on my son!!

Believe me!

Where are you Divya?

Answer fast!!!!!!!!!

After reading a series of messages, I'm sure that something has happened.

In a jiffy I opened the gossip group which was flooded with the latest news.

Boss's wife revealed.

CA Divya Gupta. Now CA Divya Chauhan.
Head CA of Designing department.
26 year old.

What? She is working in our company?

Is she beautiful enough to be our boss' wife?

I thought that the lady is Gupta Company's heir?