53| Mehndi

Started writing on 24th January 2021.
Completed on 25th January 2021.
Word count : 3920 words
__________________________

– D I V Y A –

Turning around the bed, I stretched my arms and felt the mattress beside me empty. I flickered my eyes open and looked around the room, only to see him sitting on the couch. I was about to call him but when I saw him working, I decided to leave the thought.

Pulling a pillow near me, I hugged it tightly. But still, the warmth wasn't enough! It wasn't like the one I'm used to.

Closing my eyes, I slept again while continuing the dream of my delicious food.

When I woke up I felt myself being trapped between a tight hold, not that I mind. He was sleeping without any tension on his face. But suddenly, a frown formed on his face. He tightened his hold around me and I could do nothing but stare him. I rubbed his back to calm him down until the frown left his forehead.

Moving my gaze towards the clock, I saw the time. Shit!

It was already eleven thirty!

Freeing myself from his hold, I paced towards the bathroom and took a quick shower. Walking down, I saw mom talking with someone over call.

How come I woke up this late?

"Divya!"

"Yes mom."

"How come you woke up this late? It's eleven fifty."

"I overslept."

"Did you sleep late last night?"

"Hmm... Don't you remember, party ended so late."

"I'm not talking about that. I slept at the same time. I mean, were you busy doing other things?" She teased and chuckled.

"No mom! I was too tired yesterday." I said and mentally face-palmed myself while she was laughing.

"You look so red Divya!" She laughed, "How is my grandchild doing?"

"Pretty good."

"I'll tell you. Don't eat packed food, especially those chips. They are not good."

Really?

How can I leave my classic salty-flavoured chips?

No.

"Don't eat them, okay." She said and I nodded unwillingly. My heart wasn't ready to leave my heart, my chips.

But then, I need to do it for our child's health.

"What's the matter Divya?"

"Nothing."

"Okay. Breakfast is ready, sorry your brunch. Go and eat it." She said and I nodded. Walking towards the dining table, I sat on a chair and ate my food.

As the time flew by, mom went to her room to get ready before telling me to change. I went towards her room as I wanted to talk to her about something. Nearing to their room, I heard some low moans coming out of the room.

Oh God!!

What did I even hear?

That's what mom meant by private space!

Running away from there, I went to our room and locked the door. Changing into a light coloured lehenga, I sat on near the dressing table and looked into my phone.