51| Anger and Mood Swings

Started writing on 18th January 2021.
Completed on 23rd January 2021.
Word count : 3549 words
______________________

– D I V Y A –

Everything was done. Their rings were exchanged and all the ladies were sitting together.

Exception; Ayaan.

We all were tired but it was worth it. Finally Natasha's dream was coming true. It's been so many months she's head over heels for Dhruv.

"Where are the sweets?" Mumma asked. She was about to get up when I stopped her.

"Let me go. I'll bring it." I suggested and she nodded. I went to the kitchen and quickly brought the sweets out. "You know mumma, this one tastes amazing!" I said while eating one of them and she chuckled.

"You don't need to stuff all of that. Eat it slowly." She said and I nodded while eating it slowly. Just when I was about to pick another sweet, nausea hit me and I ran to the nearest bathroom. While vomiting my guts out, I felt someone tying my hair and patting my back.

"You're alright?" Ayaan asked and I nodded while washing my face. "You haven't vomited before right?"

"Yes. It's first time since my pregnancy started."

"Our!"

"Okay. Our pregnancy." I said and he smiled. "Let's go out. Everyone would be worried." I said and he hummed. When we were walking out, I saw everyone tensed up. Mom got up and walked towards me.

"Divya! What happened? Are you alright? Did something happen?" Mom cupped my face and asked.

"I'm alright mom." I kept my hands on hers and said.

"But beta, it looks like you're not feeling good." Natasha mother said.

"I'm fine auntie."

"Really?" Mom asked and I nodded. "But you don't look good, Divya."

"Mom. I'm telling the truth, I'm alright. It's pretty normal."

"Normal? Running like this is not normal!" Mumma said and I turned towards Ayaan. I directed him to say something, but instead he asked me to do the same. I glared at him and he did the same. "Are you both going to say something?"

"You ran away to vomit, right?" Mom asked and I nodded. "You were feeling me nauseated, right?" She asked and I nodded again. "Am I going to be grandma?" She asked and I again nodded in affirmative.

"Did I hear it right? You're pregnant?" Natasha asked and I nodded.

How many times would I nod?

"I'm going to be nani!!" Mumma squealed in joy and hugged me tightly without leaving any space. "Why are you standing here? Just sit down." She said after pulling back.

"Mumma! I'm pregnant, not paralysed!"

"Still..... You're carrying our grandchild. We won't let you do anything." Mom said and made me sit. "Sit down and don't try to get up. Let me bring something to eat." She said and all three mothers went towards the kitchen.

Ayaan stood behind me and bent down towards the couch. "They care about their grandchild, not me." I mumbled.

"That's what I felt when we married. All my attention was given to you, the bride. In happiness of getting a daughter, they forgot me as if I was never their son."