7| Our Seven Vows

Started writing on 23rd May 2020.
Completed on 26th May 2020.
Word count : 2248 words

______________________________

– D I V Y A –

This was going to happen! In a few hours, I would be declared married and will be entitled the title of Mrs. But for Ayaan, there was no such problem. He's going to live his life with the same title.

But, why am I thinking so much?

I'm not a person who would back off after making a decision. At one point, I even thought of backing up. But there was no way to do that as the marriage news of Gupta and Chauhan's heirs was already in the market.

This time both the fathers were at fault. They both were so delighted by the news that they announced our marriage in press, on the day when I went to meet Ayaan to discuss about all this fuss.

I think both the families are crazy!

The nervousness I was experiencing now was killing me. I had never been this nervous! Not even while writing the most important exam of my life. Not even while checking my results. Then, why now?

It would have been better if it was an arranged marriage. But this was neither love nor arranged. For my and his family, it is a love one, but for me and him it's a wedlock.

For me, the most difficult task was to act cheesy and flirtatious with him in front of others. We aren't even love-birds but have to act like one. My God!

I was sitting in front of the mirror in my bridal wear, adoring myself. Today's brides prefer to wear light coloured floral lehengas but I was never interested in such things. At last, the mothers chose the lehenga which was now clung on my body.

The lehenga being heavy was not preferred by everyone, but I liked it! I mean it was good. The maroon-red skirt with heavy embroidery looked breathtaking. I'm not a sort of person who would follow the fashion, but dress I was wearing took my heart.

I've seen many brides and their dresses, but this one made me feel special. But why should I feel special and for whom. No, I'm feeling it for myself! It's alright.

My jewellery, sorry it should be jewelleries, were kissing my neck and my hands perfectly. The diamond studded gold necklace with pearls looked stunning but was way more heavy than it looked. My golden-red bangles covered around six inches of my hands and my wide spread kaleerein were dangerously balanced on my hands.

Till now, I was strengthening myself by saying that everything would be alright. It's just a matter of a day or two.

"Divya!" Hearing Maya's voice, I widened my eyes. I'm gone!

"You?" I asked and she nodded while looking at me. I thought that she won't attend the wedding as she was angry with me.

"You're looking so beautiful and breathtaking." Her mouth opened widely as she gasped while I smiled. "It's so bad of you. You decided to tell me about all this fuss after so many days."

"Actually-" I opened my mouth to take my stand but Maya stopped me.

"Okay." She showed her palm to shut me up. "Explain later. You're not a loyal friend. You thought about telling everything to me a day before your wedding. I mean that's really not fair." She pouted like a child and laughed. Sometimes I wonder if she was a mother of a five year old, or instead she was herself a child.

"Actually, all this happened so suddenly that I had nothing in my mind. I couldn't tell you anything. All these preparations just-"

"It's normal, I know. I've married once and I have the experience." She said and I widened my eyes. The way she said once made my jaw drop.