36| Closer

Started writing on 8th November 2020.
Completed on 14th November 2020.
Word count : 4800 words
_____________________

- D I V Y A -

"Wake up."

"No."

"Wake up!"

"No!"

"Are you waking up or not?"

"No...." I cried and went inside the duvet, hiding myself from the world.

"This trick won't work on me."

"Mumma. Let me sleep for sometime. Just five more minutes." I shouted. "The school won't run away. Even if I reach late, I'll make an excuse that my vehicle got punctured."

"Who's your mumma? And you made such silly excuses in childhood?" The voice asked. I opened my eyes and came out from my blanket den.

"What do you want? Today's Sunday. Can't you let my peaceful and innocent soul sleep?" I asked.

"Innocent soul and yours? When you were late to school, no one scolded you as you made such silly excuses. But me? I was always the main target for teachers." Ayaan complained.

"So what should I do? It's the incident of a decade ago. Nothing can change now." I said stretching my body.

(Flashback)

12 years ago~

"Hey! Listen!" The same irritating voice called me, once more.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"What's the time?"

"What? What will you do with the time? There's still time in lunch period?"

"I'm not joking. We're stuck here. Games period will start soon."

"Not only us, there are thirty more students. If you want to join the class this early, you should've came early." I taunted. I came late to school and wasn't allowed to enter as the prayer was going on.

"Not only me, you're late too. And I know that you love to attend maths class. Poor you." He smirked. I wanted to tear off his smile!

"May I know your name and the reason to come late?" The teacher asked.

"Ayaan Chauhan. I came late because I went to academy."

"Which academy?" The teacher asked.

"Cricket."

"Want to become a cricketer?"

"Do you have any doubt sir?"

"No. You can go."

"Your reason miss?" He asked me.

"Divya Gupta. I live in Noida and there was traffic. So it took time. May I go?" I lied straight forwardly. From the time of my birth, I live in Delhi.

"Hmm. Go.." He said. I nodded and ran to my class. I was already late and my heart my pounding heavily. What if teacher scolds me? I'm gone.

"Mam, may I come in?" I asked and saw Ayaan standing beside me.

"What made you come late, Mr Ayaan?" My class teacher asked.

"I went to my cricket academy and slept in the process, which got me late." He said.