15| The Ruler

Started writing on 30th June 2020.
Completed on 3rd July 2020
Word count : 3224 words
____________________________

– D I V Y A –

I was sleeping peacefully on my bed after coming from the party which was nothing like a party, when a call disturbed my sleepy sleep. Who the hell is it? I didn't gave any respond to the ringings and decided to continue my sleep.

But the person on the other side doesn't want me to sleep. The phone kept ringing and ringing and ringing.

WHO THE HELL IS THIS?

YOU WON'T GET MARRIED IN THE COMING YEAR! I clearly cursed the person.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I shouted picking up the phone. I didn't check the caller ID.

"Natashaaaaaaa!" She shouted. Ohh, its Natasha. I think I gave the wrong cursing to her.

"What do you want at this time?" I said, my eyes half closed.

"I've met him. He's the one." She said in happiness.

"Who? Your Mr right?" I asked and this time my eyes wide open.

"Yes. He's so amazing. I searched his name on internet. He's such a great person. He's a true gentleman and has earned a good name and a lot of certificates in his work. I'm so happy that I've finally met him. The tarot cards spoke the truth. It's not even a week and I found him. I'm so happy....." She shouted on the line. I know that she's happy but atleast she should have taken my sleep into importance. How can someone play with my sleep. Now my sleep was already gone so I decided to ask her a bit more.

Are the tarot cards really true?

"Who is he, an army chief?" I asked as she told that he's a great achiever and all that.

"No. He's a doctor. A pretty charismatic doctor. I met him tonight-" seriously. It's already two, "Sorry yesterday night and he has that aura. But you know, he didn't even gave a damn to any girl in the party. Not even me." She said and I chuckled.

"So you like Mr doctor." I asked, more like a teasing and she nodded.

"But as that man said, I've to work hard to get him. What will I do? And when will we get married?" She sighed about her fate.

"I think an year later." I said.

"And how can you say it?"

"Just five minutes ago I cursed you that you won't be marrying this year." I said hesitantly.

"Divyaaaaaa!" She shouted on the other side and I quickly cut the call.

So she likes Mr doctor. But who is he? Wait! Only one doctor came to the party.

DHRUV!!

So, Natasha's Mr right is Dhruv. But when did it happen? As per what I know, Dhruv stays miles away from girls and if the girl is flirty then one more mile is added to the distance. He hates girls who throws tantrums. Dad, Dhruv and me, all the three of us like to talk when needed and use our mind for something useful. Mumma is an exception. She loves to gossip in her kitty parties. But somehow we all have managed to love mumma, with her nature full of tantrums. Till now she's the only tantrum throwing woman whom Dhruv loves.

Natasha loves Dhruv! How did this happen? What good did she see in Dhruv? ...Don't get me wrong. Dhruv is a good man who loves his family and profession but is quite the opposite of Natasha. Infatuation is something else and long term relationship is something else. I can't see my loved ones in pain.