𝟐𝟔. 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

𝚂𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

Almost immediately after the final show of the festival season in Ireland, Elizabeth got straight on a plane to Manchester where she met her sister and soon to be brother-in-law.
The rest of the touring crew tried to convince her to visit Dublin with them and have some drinks, but truthfully she'd grown very homesick and wanted to take the extra day to spend time with them. 
George wasn't too happy for her to be leaving, though it wasn't even for a full three days. After they'd spent nearly every waking hour together for the past, who knows how long, he'd not realised how much he took it for granted. Just smelling her perfume on the bus, hearing her laugh from down the hall or stroking her hair as they cuddled. He knew he was being clingy, but he couldn't help it. 

He insisted on driving her to the airport in the rental car, which she was more than capable of driving herself in. Then they found themselves in the foyer of the airport, Elizabeth was questioning why he'd decided to drive all the way out.
"I just wanted to spend as much time with you as I could before you run away from me." He confessed, knowing she'd let him drive after admitting his reasonings; and she wasn't in any place to deny his request.
"Anyone would think you're going to miss me." She joked over his slight clinginess which she truthfully found endearing. 

That was when he pulled her in for what was perhaps the most bone crushing hug that Elizabeth had ever experienced. He was a very good hugger due to his height, Elizabeth could fit her head perfectly in the crook of his neck and she'd always grin into him when he placed his chin on top of her. "Course I'm going to miss you." 

She couldn't suppress the eye roll, "George it's three days, you're seeing your family tomorrow so if you miss me that much you know where I'll be."
"Three days is a long time." 
What she thought was going to be a light hearted joke, obviously wasn't received as one. "Not longer than the 5 years we spent apart though is it." She said matter-of-factly, reminding him how much lost time they'd already made up for. 

Elizabeth felt him sigh into her, and knew her attempts of cheering him up didn't work. Her lip immediately jutted out, "I didn't mean it in a rude way, we're making up for a lot of lost time right now but three days is no biggie." 
He nodded but his mood was obviously still soured, "Of course I know that, just gonna miss seing your stupid little face every morning."
She gasped, pretending she was hurt by him calling her face stupid, "I can't believe you'd say such a thing." At that his lips twinged up in a smile.
"There's that smile I know and love," she poked one of his dimples playfully, "Has George stopped being a little bit of a drama queen over a long weekend away?"

Now it was his turn to give her an eye roll. "I guess I should let you get going." He drawled.
With a glance at the big clock behind him, she realised she had two minute before check-in closed, so she'd spent more than enough time saying goodbye.
Her arms wrapped around him, knowing that he was still sad about her going home, but he'd get over it in no time. "I'll miss you, even if it is technically for one day."
The light puff of air out of his mouth in place of a chuckle was a sign that he hadn't gone completely devoid of happiness, and it gave her peace of mind that he'd be out of his clingy spell by the end of her - very short - plane ride.

Though Elizabeth had never been good with flights, after the amount of travelling across the world she'd done with the band, she had got somewhat used to it. However, as this was her first ever solo-flight, she'd let a lot of anxiety build up. In an attempt to distract herself, Elizabeth decided to spend her time watching an old episode of Taskmaster; helping her stop thinking about what was happening outside of the plane window.
Until the flight over Tokyo at nighttime with George, she'd never put the window covering up and actually looked out of a plane window during flight. For some reason she felt more secure in facing her fears when George was holding her hand, and rubbing comforting circles on the back of it with his thumb.