𝟐𝟖. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

𝙽𝙾𝚅𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿 | 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝙸𝚂

Elizabeth was constantly talking about how she loved Paris, and how annoyed she was that when they stopped there for the first time on tour, they had to leave immediately. There was something about her that was so drawn to the city, she knew some of the language and though the locals were stereotypically not very friendly; she was determined to charm her way into the hearts of a Parisian citizen. This time around on tour they had eleven whole days to spend in the city. Adam and Matty both got the Eurostar train back to London for that time, Adam to spend time with Carly and Matty to do some work on his house.
Elizabeth swore that she'd find the love of her life in Paris when she was growing up, now of course she had George so there was no need to go hunting for a new beau. Instead the pair spent their time exploring the city hand in hand.

They took many a tourist photo, Elizabeth so desperately tried to get one of her leaning on the Eiffel tower, but Georges photography skills were far inferior than hers. Elizabeth snapped the perfect shot of him first time, then took at least six back up images just in case. They'd gone to the Louvre, George had previously expressed his thoughts that a lot of modern art was 'stupid and meaningless' - his exact words before Matty jeered him and he was forced to take them back. So he was excited to see a Leonardo Di Vinci exhibit and some good old fashioned art. 

They'd spent so much time exploring the city that by their sixth day it had caught up with them. Not only had the pair spent so much time running around the streets of France, drinking wine with Ross and Waughy, they'd not spent the time to fully recover from tour. Usually for George, no matter how much he loved the shows, he lived for the breaks. Time where he could keep his head down and focus on music, but Elizabeth had been distracting him from that and for once he was glad. 

Sounds of heavy rain spitting on the window woke up Elizabeth before it did George. She was practically latched onto him like a koala to a tree, her leg over his waist and arms around his shoulders, as his head lay on her chest. The past week or so she'd wanted nothing more than to get up and get moving but this day was different, a lazy day in bed with George sounded like exactly what she needed. So rather than waking up her sleeping lover, she let him continue snoring. Placing a quick peck on his forehead and then drifting back to sleep. 

It wasn't until one in the afternoon they woke up properly. Both feeling extremely well rested after nearly thirteen hours of sleep, yet neither of them were ready to do anything productive with their day.
George was the first person to break the silence in their hotel room, "Lazy day today?" 
A grin broke out on her face and she nodded through a stretch, "Absolutely, I'll see if they have anything on UberEats and we can stay in all day."
With that he pressed a kiss to her forehead, then another to her temple, and then dotted a dozen kisses around her face. The pair were feeling extra loved up on this specific afternoon.

As they'd spent most of their daytime outside in the city, neither of them had explored the hotel room in depth. So Elizabeth was surprised to find a cupboard (which she assumed was home to the ironing board) that had a set of stairs behind the door. Immediately she called George over, not wanting to brave the suspicious steps herself.
"Look at this." She pointed to the stairs, watching his reaction to gage if he'd known this secret stairway existed. 
His brows raised as he looked up into the open hatch, unsure what was up there. "Shall we explore?"
"Well you're going up first." Elizabeth demanded.

He nodded and took her hand. "Let's go."
George lead the way and flicked the switch to the left of them, with a small hanging lightbulb flickering on.
"That's not eerie at all." Elizabeth whispered under her breath, earning a chuckle from the man in front of her who was now trying to open a door with a turn-lock.