𝟔. 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑

𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟻 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

Still on an adrenaline high, Matty managed to convince his parents to have a 'gathering' in the outhouse at the back of his garden. Denise wasn't in any position to say no to the gaggle of teenagers that were looking at her with hopeful eyes, every one of them eager to celebrate the bands success. All they heard was a simple "Fine." before they practically charged to their cars for a lift to the Healys house. George offered Elizabeth a seat in his mums car which she accepted, making small talk as the dull brick houses of Wilmslow flew past in the window. 

"Have fun but not too much fun." Amanda joked, waving goodbye as they got out of the car. The pair thanked her and walked through the open gate into the garden.

They were greeted by Matty, with Catherine clinging around his neck. He was already tipsy which didn't shock either of the new arrivals, for someone who drank so much he didn't have a high alcohol tolerance. It probably had something to do with his small body. "Get a drink! Have some fun!" was all he said to them before running off to do God knows what with his girlfriend. 

George looked over to the girl next to him who was already heading to the outhouse to get something to drink, "We have some catching up to do." she informed him, walking off with a spring in her step and her hair swinging with each step she took. 
He didn't protest, taking the cup from her. "What is it?" her lips pursed, not telling him until he took a sip. Her eyebrows raised when he flinched. "Liza that tastes like straight vodka." 
She laughed at the boy, pouring in cranberry juice that was on the table. "That's because it was." 
He shook his head at her but didn't feel the need to continue talking, instead opting to lean against the table with her and watch their friends outside. Hann trying to make Rebecca laugh with some awful dance moves that he would regret if someone recorded it. He could just make out the silhouette of Matty and Catherine smoking against the house, backlit by the outdoor lights drilled onto the wall. Ross was inside with them, on the sofa in the corner with Anna; the pair were on top of each other when George and Elizabeth followed them inside, but it seems like their situation progressed.

George nudged the girl next to him, pointing at the two who were almost about to start stripping off. "Should we leave them to it?" she questioned, not wanting to see anymore of what they were watching. George nodded and made his way out the door, not sure who to go and annoy next.
"Everyone getting a girlfriend has kind of killed the mood hasn't it." he observed, missing the short lived times they could just sit around and joke in a big group instead of breaking off and fingering each other.

Elizabeth nodded, choosing to sit on a bench near Denises newly planted flower patch. "I'm happy for them but I do miss it, we're just going to have to find someone soon and it'll feel less bad." George laughed, an arm comfortably falling around her shoulders.
He didn't want to make the dynamic awkward, but instead of finding someone he thought the two could use each other for their own benefit. "In the meantime, before we both find someone," he paused as she looked at him, wanting him to continue. "We could always take advantage of the way we're both alone." 
She laughed at his wording, but George took it as if she was laughing at him. His confidence slightly knocked but still keeping a smile on his face. "If you don't want to it's fine." he trailed off, cringing inside at how he misread the situation so massively. 

"No I do want to," he was surprised at her admission, expecting to be painfully rejected. "We'll help each other out when we're drunk and lonely?" she offered. George was a really good friend to her, but that was it. Simply a good friend and nothing else. She didn't want to jeopardise that by putting a label on it, ruining a good thing because neither of them could keep it in their pants. "No strings?"

He nodded at the proposition, repeating her. "No strings." 
She smiled at him and leant up to place a comforting kiss on his lips, tasting the drink on him. His hand came up to cup her cheek and he deepened the kiss, pulling her on top of him. Her arms looped around his neck, her cup still half full in her hand. The buzz of the alcohol making her enjoy the way his lips captured hers even more. The look in her eyes when they pulled apart almost caused George to groan in frustration.

He wasn't inexperienced with girls, but he had very little experience. Nothing he'd ever previously done compared to the feeling he got when her hungry eyes met his. He peppered kisses from her mouth down to her neck, causing her head to roll backwards and grant him easier access to the sweet spot he was nibbling at. She giggled at him and took another sip of her drink, dropping the cup beside her on the bench and giving the boy her undivided attention. 

"I knew this would happen!" Matty cheered, making the duo aware of the audience that formed around them. Evidently killing the mood as she pulled away and sighed into his chest with a hung head. 
Rebecca smirked at her younger sibling, happy for her that she'd found herself someone. Or so she thought. "When were you planning on telling us George asked you out?"

They both shook their heads, denying any claims they were going out. "No no, I didn't."
"We're not going out." 
The rest of the group looked confused, "We're just helping each other out sometimes." she stated simply, summarising their situation in a few words without having to expand on it any further. Not wanting to be bombarded with questions.

George winced at her choice of words, making it sound worse than the situation was. He could tell everyone else had to take a moment to process exactly what 'helping eachother out' meant; but they were too drunk to dwell on it for very long. 

"Now that's over I think we need to get another drink." George stated while pulling the girl up with him and leading her inside while the others stood confused, but not thinking of their situation any further, before dancing to the music that was playing with until the morning.