𝟕. 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐒

𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾 | 𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙽

A deep, yet impressed, sigh escaped Liliana's lips at the sight of Elizabeth entering the room. "Took you long enough, but you look fit." She smiled, excited that her friend had decided to go out for once rather than staying in to drink wine. It was a rare occurrence now for Elizabeth to go out drinking with her flatmate, as she wasn't a fan of third wheeling while her friend found a man to go home with while she stood alone. 

Elizabeth laughed, twirling in her dress and heels sarcastically. "Make the most of it, you probably won't get me coming out with you for another three months." she adjusted the hem of her dress, "Not too short is it?" 
Liliana rolled her eyes, "Compared to most girls going on nights out, you look like a nun. Now the Uber is about to pull up, move it." 

They entered the bar that smelt of a mix of aftershave and sweat, likely due to the gaggle of eighteen year olds crowding the dance floor.
"Nice of Matty to choose somewhere classy." Liliana joked, earning a laugh from her friend as they spotted them and made their way over. 
Ross cheered when he saw Elizabeth, evidently drunk. "You made it!" he smiled, pulling her into a hug that she happily returned, moving to Liliana to give a more professional hug to. 

"We did! How are you?" she looked up at him, slightly supporting him as he was very buzzed. He nodded his head and smiled, "Great, we're all great. Let me introduce you to everyone you've not met." Both the women followed him over to where two more women whom they've never met before sat. 
"This is Gabby," he gestured and she smiled at them both, "She's Matty's girlfriend, and this is Carly, Adam's girlfriend." They both seemed very sweet upon first impression. 

"This is Elizabeth, we knew her back in our school days and somehow we found her again recently when she was hired for our photographer." she smiled at the two girls, laughing a bit at Ross's introduction. "This is Liliana, she was also hired for our photoshoot." 

"It's nice to meet you." Gabby grinned, as she moved closer it was clearer how stunning she was. Elizabeth was shocked Matthew had managed to pull someone as pretty as her. "Nice to meet you too, you look amazing." Elizabeth complimented, looking at her dress. 
The tanned blonde awed, "Oh thank you, you look incredible too." 
Elizabeth smiled at that, the compliment meaning ten times more coming from someone who could be a model like her. 

The four of them swapped, introducing themselves to the opposite person. "I'm Carly, it's nice to meet you." Elizabeth grinned at her as they let go of the hug.
"Elizabeth, very nice to meet you too." Before their conversation could move onto anything else Liliana jumped in, "What is everyone having, I'll go get some drinks in for us." she offered eager to get to the bar.
The new faces tried to protest but Liliana wasn't having it. With her order of a gin and tonic, rum and coke and margarita she went off to the bar; leaving Elizabeth in the company of the table who were now all aware of their presence. 

"Elizabeth! I didn't see you slip in!" Matty cheered, standing from his side of the table and greeting her with a hug. She accepted and smiled at him as he continued, "I see you've met this one." he placed an arm around Gabby, leaning to talk to her more so than Elizabeth. "This girl was like our OG photographer, and now she's our photographer again - how mad is that." 

Gabby chuckled at her boyfriend, "It's such an insane coincidence, do you do like headshots and stuff?" Elizabeth nodded, "God we do everything, had some woman come into the studio pay over a hundred quid for a photoshoot for her dog." They all laughed at the absurdity of that situation. 
"Sounds like something Hann would do for Stevie." Ross laughed, Elizabeth was a bit confused at his comment but laughed along with them, thankful for Carly when she leant over and informed her; "We've got a dog called Stevie Nicks." 

Elizabeth began cracking up, "I love that, Stevie Nicks is such a good name for a dog." Carly nodded and agreed, going into more detail about the dog and her recent doings. 
Gabby finally managed to put the conversation back on track, "I was going to ask if you were free anytime next week to take some photos of me? I need to update the portfolio." Liliana reappeared at this question with the drinks for the four of them. 
"We'd love to." Elizabeth nodded, thanking her friend for the drinks and explaining what she'd missed. "So do you model?" Liliana asked, not really surprised as she would be stupid not to. 

Gabby nodded her head and the two new girls started to hype her up, saying that they could tell. "Here, follow yourselves on my Instagram and I'll DM you in the week." she handed her phone over to them and put everything in, forgetting about the business proposition for the rest of the evening.

Somehow Elizabeth had been dragged to the dance floor, bouncing around with Gabby and Liliana who were the two liveliest people in the room. She'd spent the night avoiding advances from boys who were far too young for her and also those too old, basically declining all male attention. Liliana however welcomed it, though she had tamed herself compared to other nights and Elizabeth was thankful; the chances of her bringing a boy home were slim tonight. 

"You know what, it's a shame you can't meet Caroline." Gabby said, slightly disappointed, while grabbing the two other girls forearms. They both looked confused, unsure who Caroline was.
Elizabeth raised her voice over the music to ask innocently, "Who's Caroline?" 
Gabby's face was surprised, "George hasn't mentioned her yet?" She was confused that he'd not brought her up, as she was one of Gabby's best friends. 

Elizabeth and Liliana shook their heads, "She's George's girlfriend, you'd love her she's so sweet." They both nodded at her words, Liliana sensing something unsettled in Elizabeth but not pressing it in fear of making things awkward. 
"Oh I had no clue, I've not really spoke to George much since we've seen each other again." Elizabeth said truthfully. 

"Why not?" Though it wasn't any fault of Gabby's, she was unaware of their history, it was still uncomfortable for Elizabeth to answer her question; though she did it anyway. 
Elizabeth shrugged, "Just some stupid shit that went down years ago, now let's go and do some shots." she grabbed both of their hands and lead them over to the bar to order shots of vodka and drink her awkwardness away.