𝟑. 𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾 | 𝙾𝚇𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙳

"You've got this." Liliana just about managed to say before the man reached them, he was walking towards her with open arms and a giant grin on his face. 

"Matty!" she cheered, accepting the hug and feeling a weird wave of nostalgia being in his grasp again. It was a weird feeling, she had been sad for the longest time that they were no longer on speaking terms; but she got over it through resenting the band, and now she had to act professional with them. 

He swayed her back and forth slightly in the hug, his hair was different to how she remembered. The last time she saw him it was a mess of curls on the top, that he barely ever brushed, with shaved sides. Now he had the same curls but shorter and all over, he looked better-kept in general. "It has been, far far too long." he added emphasis on his words and she nodded, agreeing wholeheartedly. 
"I know! It's insane that you're here and this is real." "Right?" he agreed, acknowledging the slim chance that Jamie had commissioned their old friend. 

Elizabeth suddenly remembered they weren't alone, before they could get sucked into a conversation about 'the good old days' or how the rest of the boys were, she pointed to Liliana. "Liliana this is Matty, we used to be friends back in the day. Matty this is Liliana, we work together on shoots so we're both here for the photoshoot today." 

He quickly introduced himself to Liliana before turning back to Elizabeth, "Used to be friends? How rude of you." he laughed but it was true, they couldn't call each other friends as they knew nothing about one another anymore. 
She brushed off the subject with a laugh, "Oh shut up you, we've got to get on with getting the shoot ready before you guys come and boss us about so if you don't mind." 

"Oh nonsense, you can come and say 'ello to everyone before you undo some tripods." he noted her face which really didn't seem keen on the idea. "Right, what's wrong?" he sat inside the car, facing the girl who stood fidgeting with random camera equipment. 
She sighed, not about to cry but feeling choked up for a reason she didn't know, "I've not seen you all in years Matty, what if the rest of them aren't as keen as you were to see me again for the first time in forever." 

He tutted but understood, "I'll go tell them you're here so they get a bit of warning and then you can see how they're going to react. I guarantee you they'll come bounding out of that house ready for a hug though."
She nodded, annoyed that Matthew was probably right, "That's if they even remember my name." 
As he was walking back into the house he shook his head, "Nobody could quite forget you Elizabeth Collins." 

Liliana nudged into her side, "See! Told you it would go well," she smiled in response, glad that she was right "Is he the one you shagged?" 
Elizabeth let out a loud laugh "Oh God no, you think I'd shag Matty - you're having a laugh. His name was George, you'll meet him soon unfortunately."

They had almost finished carrying everything into the outhouse Jamie told them about, Elizabeth struggling with a heavy box light before a door behind her loudly opened. She let out a light scream and jumped, almost dropping the light worth a hundred pounds. Once she regained herself she turned and faced the noise, a smile creeping on her face as Matty lead the boys out of the house. 

"Told you they could never forget Elizabeth Collins." he said smugly as they all smiled at her, she didn't know what to do or say - almost bursting into tears before her friend walked round the corner and interrupted the moment. "I know you're in mild shock right now but please for the love of God carry some more of the heavy shit too." Liliana complained, not looking up to see the four boys stood with her friend. They all laughed slightly at her complaining in a Cockney accent then she saw them, freezing on the spot. 

"Come on let me help you," Elizabeth jogged over, picking up one of the bags off of her back and carrying it with ease. 
"Well now you've made me look bad in front of your cool band friends." they laughed again as Elizabeth dismissed her with a laugh, "I promise I'm not that weak, she just hits the gym like a madlad five times a week." Liliana continued to charm her friends before Elizabeth could actually get a word in. 
"Anyway I'm sensing that I've interrupted what was meant to be a moment, so I'll just leave and do all the work - you have fun." she placed a quick kiss on Elizabeths cheek and went back over to the car.

Elizabeth sighed as she was finally out of ear shot and the boys turned back to her, "Sorry about that, where were we?" she thought for a second before laughing, "Um what the fuck! I think that's where we were." 
They all laughed, "I honestly didn't believe it when Matty said you were here, how did this happen?" Ross laughed but looked around at the situation which was very bizarre. 

"Was hoping you could tell me, I thought I was working for some tiny little indie band, not you lot. I was never expecting to see you again!" she laughed and so did they, then the more they dwelled on her words the sadder they become. 
"Fuck I mean, when was the last time we actually saw each other?" Matty thought out loud, answering his own question, "Twenty thirteen, that's fucked up. I'm sorry we didn't see you more." 

She tutted, over her ill-feelings towards the band and not wanting to dwell on it for fear of getting emotional. "It's not your fault, you all left for tour one day and didn't come home." 
"God Elizabeth, you're making it sound like we abandoned you." Ross laughed.

She flashed a sarcastic smile, "Did I lie though?" 
"You didn't need to call us out for it though, come'ere and give me a hug" Matty smiled, pulling her in for the second time - as if he was attempting to make up for lost time through hugs. 

"Oh stop it you lot, you're all gonna make me emotional. I've missed you a bit." she let go of Matty and moved down the line. 
Ross sounded offended, "Only a bit?" she punched him lightly in the arm and whispered a, "I've missed you the most, you were always my favourite." into his ears.
To which he responded, "I'm honoured." 

Adam was awkward, which was nothing new, but was even more awkward as he didn't know where he stood in Elizabeth's books after the breakup with Rebecca. She still opened her arms for a hug, smiling into him, "Hann! I've missed you bro!"  He was slightly wounded by the use of the word 'bro', as it reminded him of Rebecca and the guilt he felt after breaking up with her.
"Truthfully, how is she?" he asked into the hug.
She smiled up at him, "A lot better now, she works at my old school in Wilmslow now. She's doing great actually." Her reassurance meant a lot to him, he was dreading bad news or for her to say she now hated the man, but she couldn't hate Adam.

George was hanging back slightly, both of them had vivid memories of their final goodbye that were playing in their head. Both of them were unsure whether or not she was going to hug him or say anything. As a last minute decision she chose to swallow her pride and wrapped her arms around his neck like she used to.
"Never thought we'd be here again." He whispered into the hug. All she could reply with was a small "Tell me about it." before basking in the hug for one final moment. 

"I really should be getting back to helping Liliana - oh yeah that was Liliana, I work with her we're both working on your shoot - but we'll come inside in say half an hour for a cuppa and you can tell us what you want for photos?" she offered them. They all nodded at one another and she didn't miss the half-apologetic look Matty sent towards George at the lack of enthusiasm he recieved in their interaction compared to the other three men. It wasn't like George could be angry at her as he found himself a girlfriend and was completely over Elizabeth. 

"You almost sound as London as Liliana now." Ross said shamefully. A hand flew over her chest. 
She hung her mouth open in offence, "Ross! She was born and raised in Dagenham, I'm nothing like her." 
They all laughed at her before she spoke candidly again, "Truthfully, I'm a Northerner at heart but the Southerner lifestyle, just calls to me nowadays." 

"Disgusting"