𝟐𝟕. 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐔𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐒

𝙰𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙻 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟹 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

Things had changed for everybody since they last saw each other. The band were constantly growing, getting radio play all the time and their fanbase were becoming more prominent than ever. It was so rewarding for them to see people screaming their lyrics back at them every night and having actual fans rather than their friends supporting their work. 

As tour life had them so busy their contact with their friends at home had lessened. Obviously Rebecca and Adam spoke every day but as a group their messages on the groupchat lessened and lessened. Elizabeth was spending more time with Tyler after her parents finally divorced and was living with Rebecca in a two bed flat that was nice enough for them. It was easy for both of them to get to work, Elizabeth still at the photography studio while Rebecca had been kept on as a teaching assistant at her work placement. 

It was a special treat for them to finally be home, Rebecca was so excited to finally see her boyfriend in real life rather than through a phone or computer screen which is why she offered to invite everybody round to their house as soon as possible after they'd seen their families. 
"He should be here by now." Rebecca paced, stressing and longing for her boyfriend.

Elizabeth had been trying to calm her down for hours, maybe even weeks at this point, she understood that she missed her boyfriend but it was getting tiring to hear her sister walking around the house wondering where he'd got to. "You can't blame his family for wanting to spend more time with him than planned, they've missed him just as much - if not more - than you." 

As if on cue the doorbell rang and Rebecca practically sprinted to it, ready to throw herself into the arms of her boyfriend but she was instead met with Matty and George, letting out a big sigh. "That's not really the welcome home I was expecting." he chuckled, walking in to hug Elizabeth while Rebecca sulked at the door, welcoming George in too. 

"Matty! I've missed you, how's life as an international rockstar?" Elizabeth joked as she was released from a very tight hug. He rolled his eyes at her, knowing he wasn't quite the next Mick Jagger unlike what his friends tried to make him believe. "Great, tiring but it's the most fun I've ever had. Glad to be home though." he nodded before getting the welcome back he deserved from Rebecca. 

George went over to Elizabeth, arms wide and a joking smile on his face which made her laugh. They were on better terms by this point. With both of them being in happy relationships, Elizabeth with Tyler and himself with Jessie, they couldn't really have any resentment towards each other anymore. "Welcome back," she laughed into the hug as he swayed them from side to side.

Both Rebecca and Matty had some things to say about their friendly behaviour. "Did I miss something?" she laughed, Matty joining in. 
"Last time I checked you two would've thrown yourself off of a bridge before talking - let alone that sort of hug." 

They both sighed but smiled at each other, "Better to be civil ain't it?" he asked down at the girl and she nodded, about to drag everyone into the kitchen before another knock was at the door. Rebecca ran again and this time was met by the man she loved. 
He apologised instantly, "Sorry I would've been here ages ago but Ross's nan wouldn't let us go." 

She laughed and wiped the slight tears of relief, kissing her boyfriend as Ross pushed past and was instantly attacked by Elizabeth. "I missed you." She almost screamed into his chest as she hugged him. 
He chuckled and kissed her on the forehead. "Why did we not get that treatment?" Matty scoffed, mock offended. She turned around and laughed at the pair, an arm still around Ross. "Because neither of you two are my favourite member of 'The 1975' are you?"