𝟐𝟏. 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑

𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿 | 𝚄𝙺𝚁𝙰𝙸𝙽𝙴

She found the room and knocked three times on the door, grinning to herself in excitement over what was about to happen. The door swung open and Tom stepped to the side, allowing Elizabeth to enter the room.
"Took you long enough." he teased, she turned to face him and flipped him off. 

"Oh hush. I'll make it worth the wait."

His eyebrows raised at her cockiness, "Oh really?"
She began to walk closer, her shoes and jacket now dispersed on the floor. "Of course." She pulled him closer to herself and connected their lips in a simple kiss. Nothing too eager but enough to fuel the fire they both felt. 
He grinned into it as she began to attempt to remove his shirt, breaking their contact to remove some layers. He pulled his shirt over his head and she began to tackle his belt, her hands roaming as she fiddled with the buckle and his hands feathered the sides of her body.

He stepped out of his jeans and began to help her remove her top and skirt. She stumbled slightly, making herself laugh but Tom grew slightly concerned. "You're a bit hammered aren't you?"
She dismissed his concerns with a giggle. "I'm fine, you're just as drunk as me."
He shook his head, "You know what I don't think I am."
"Oh shut up and kiss me." She demanded, pushing him back on the bed and straddling his lap to pull him into a deeper kiss than the last.

His hands roamed up the sides of her body, eager to get things moving. Yet the voice at the back of his head was telling him that she was too drunk to have sex with her. They'd both been insinuating they were into each other for a while, but now it was happening something felt off about the situation. 
Elizabeths hand moved from his jaw, tracing down his body to graze over his boxers. She pulled away from the kiss to place a line of kisses down his jaw, earning some favourable noises from Tom. She smirked down at him when she saw the tenting of his boxers which he blushed at.

It was like his body was on autopilot, his hands reached around to unclasp her bra, leaving kisses over her cleavage. Then he had to stop. "Wait Elizabeth." She sat up properly as did he, wanting to know what he was going to say.
"Sorry but, something just feels wrong about this."
She pouted and he continued, "It's nothing wrong with you, you're just very drunk right now and I feel like maybe this shouldn't happen."

Elizabeth let out a sigh but nodded. "I guess you're right," There was a brief pause that she wanted to fill, her intoxicated state filling in the gaps; "This was a bit awkward then." She laughed. 
"We don't have to tell anyone about it." He assured her.
She nodded in agreement and stood up off of him to put her clothes back on as soon as possible.
"If you want we can try this again sometime when we're more sober." He suggested.

She thought on it for a moment but decided it'd be better if they stayed as friends. "I feel like we're probably better off as mates, no wires crossed you know." He nodded, accepting that answer. 
"It works for me, guess we're both just missing human interaction a bit too much." He chuckled and her eyes widened. "Ugh tell me about it. Doesn't help that my ex dumped me because of this job so I reckon I'm just bitter."

He sighed, "You want to talk about it?"
She smiled at the offer but shook her head, "If I talk about it I'll cry because I'm drunk, I think I'm just going to go down to my room and sleep it off."
He accepted the answer, "Sorry about tonight." He began, standing up to show her out the door as she put her jacket back on.
"Don't apologise, it's both of our faults really." She replied, leaning in for a hug.
"Have a good night then." He nodded awkwardly and she walked out of the door, roaming through her bag to find the key to her room and locating it fairly quickly.