𝟏. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐎𝐘

𝙰𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙻 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟻 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

Elizabeth Collins, younger sister of Rebecca Collins who happened to be the girlfriend of Adam Hann. It was a slightly longwinded way of being connected to the band that she found herself sitting and watching rehearse almost every evening. Their home dynamic was far from desirable but the two girls got on very well, meaning that Rebecca was happy for her little sister to sit in and watch the band practise, so long as she didn't do or say anything embarrassing. Not that the boys would've minded with the antics they got up to. 

The room felt tense today and Elizabeth was unsure why, their lead singer was missing and Matthew Healy, who was usually on drums, took a place on the microphone. "Look we really can't carry on like this, we need a new drummer Matty." Ross MacDonald, the final member of the band spoke up. Pausing his strumming of a bass guitar to look serious. 
Matty sighed at the statement, rolling his eyes and looking annoyed at the boy next to him. "Yeah well I can't just magic someone who's good at the drums out my arsehole can I? We've asked everyone we know." He seemed very frustrated by the situation and again Elizabeth was confused by that. Feeling that she had missed something that went on while she was absent at some other extra-curricular activity.

There was a silence over the room as they all pondered the situation, then Elizabeth thought of an idea. "You know what, there's this new kid who was in my music class today and he played drums. He didn't sound bad." She offered an idea, slightly to cut the tension but also to help the boys. 
They looked around amongst themselves, as if they were communicating telepathically, before nodding at her. "What's his name then?" Adam asked her, knowing that he'd probably have the responsibility of asking him if he was interested in joining a band as he was responsible for forming the group. 

Elizabeth bit her tongue as she thought, "Umm it might've been George, I didn't really pay much attention to him." 
The boys nodded, not really in the position to turn down the opportunity at finding their final member. "Can you ask him for us in lesson tomorrow?" Matty asked, not really wanting to approach some weird kid in the year below him. Elizabeth just responded with a nod before they went back to rehearsing a few covers, the morale in the room boosted by the hope that they'd complete their line up soon.

In her Geography class the next day Elizabeth was sat next to the new kid, not really speaking to him that much until they had been given a task that had to be done in pairs. A very simple labelling of European countries which they tackled easily while making small talk. She discovered that he moved from Brussels in Belgium, to Seattle in America, to Wilmslow in England. She apologised to him for ending up in the least interesting out of the three places but he just laughed, saying he was glad to be here. 
It took her a while but she plucked up the courage to ask George about his drums, "Did I hear you playing the drums in music yesterday?" His response was a nod so she continued, "Well my sisters boyfriend has a band, and they need a drummer. It's a bit of a dire need, we were wondering if you were busy after school or if you could come and show them what you can do?" 

The girl hoped she didn't sound too forward or come across as a weirdo, she was never normally one to be so out-there with making plans; especially not if it was the first time speaking to them. He looked a bit surprised, but didn't deny it. "That'd be good I guess, what lesson do you have last?" Elizabeth smiled, she almost smiled too hard thinking about the praise this would earn her from the boys.
"English, with Miss Taylor. If you have her too I'll just walk over to the practise room with you. Warn you about what to expect." 

He was about to reply but the sound of their teacher shouting to the class to finish their discussions cut them off. The both turned to look at her but before George fully turned away from her he gave her a nod. She smiled, pleased that not only would he help but that she'd also made a friend.

"Right so I'll give you some fair warning on who is there, Matthew Healy - you might know him - a bit cocky, can seem rude but I think he's just trying to have banter most of the time." George nodded, pretending to pay attention to the work in front of him while Elizabeth was explaining what he had to look forward to when they left the English classroom in fifteen minutes. 
"Then you have Adam, he's my sisters boyfriend. He's really nice, not much of a talker but he's alright. And he's in sixth form but don't let that scare you." he laughed at that statement, the idea of being scared by the older kids was one that he found quite funny. His sister was a sixth former anyway so she probably knew of him. 
She paused for a break and to note down the homework that was written on the whiteboard at the front of the class. "Last in the band is Ross, he's lovely and probably the one I speak to the most. I don't think he's got a bad bone in his body to be honest. You'll like him." 

"I hope." he replied, looking slightly nervous but hoping it didn't show to his new friend. 
She smiled, sensing that he was being awkward about the situation. "It'll be fine, even if they don't like you there is no way they're saying no," she stuttered, realising that didn't sound as reassuring as it should've. "No! I didn't mean it like that, they're obviously going to like you they're just also very desperate for a drummer at the moment." Elizabeth rambled on, digging herself a bigger hole.

He cut her off as the bell rang signalling the end of the day, "Elizabeth it's fine, I'm not that worried. Honest." She smiled at him as she threw her bag over her shoulder, ready to follow him out of the class. "If you say so." leaving her lips with a light smile.