𝐅𝐈𝐍. 𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑

𝙽𝙾𝚅𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟺 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆▻𝙲𝙰𝙽𝙰𝙳𝙰

It was around three in the morning, Elizabeth awoke to the sound of her phone ringing. A deep sigh left her lips and she sat there staring at it, unsure who would call her at this time and hoping there wasn't an issue. Realising she'd left it slightly too long before an answer, she picked it up. 
There was a sigh on the other end as it connected, "Hello?" she called down the line. Her voice groggy and laced with sleep. 

There was a silence, quiet breathing as if somebody was there but unsure what to say.
"Hello? Who is this?" slightly annoyed now that she was woken up for no reason, for someone to prank call her at this time. She was unsure how they even got her number as she didn't recognise it at all.
She let out a sigh and was about to end it before a voice spoke. 

"Elizabeth?" It was a voice she hadn't heard for nearly a whole year. A deep and soothing voice that hadn't made any effort to contact her in almost twelve whole months.
"George?" her voice barely whispered, shocked that he'd called her and questioning many things about this situation. 

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called."
"No, it's fine." she replied too quickly for her own comfort, unsure why he called her but wanting to know why he did, she also found a weird sense of happiness in hearing his voice after all this time.
"What's wrong? Is everything okay, did something happen?" she realised that he'd probably not call unless there was a good reason and she began concerned. Bad thoughts running through her head to do with the band and her old friends.

There was a hesitation on the line, as if he didn't want to say whatever he was about to. 

"I just wanted to hear your voice." 

With his words her heart shattered, she felt a deep sadness as he spoke and it broke her heart. She thought that she suppressed her jumbled up feelings for George and got over him. She had a boyfriend who she loved more than anything, it had been over a year since she'd spoke to George; yet the power of one phone call could've just brought them up to the surface.

"I knew it was stupid-" he started, thrown off by her silence and feeling a sense of awkwardness and shame. 
"No it isn't - I just wasn't expecting it to be you." She admitted and heard him breathe out in contentment at her words, a slight smile on his face now.
"So where in the world are you?" 
At that question he only just acknowledged that he was on tour and miles away from home in Wilmslow. 

"Somewhere in Canada, we're meant to be on our way to Seattle so maybe we've crossed the border already?" She chuckled at his words,
"Oh, so not too far then." sarcasm laced her voice. The same sarcasm he used to hear everyday and loved. 

"Yeah, few miles up the road. No big deal." after both of their short nose-laughs there was a comfortable silence over the phone. A silence that Elizabeth broke. 

"What's on your mind G?" 

The nickname he'd not heard from her in so long brought him so much comfort he wasn't expecting. "I missed home. Missed you too I suppose. What's it like back in Wilmslow?" 

His confession pained her even more, immediately regretting ever pushing her best friend away. "Sunny as ever." she joked, sarcasm running rampant in her words yet again, "Not much different since you left, it feels a lot quieter - I've got a lot more free time now I'm not constantly running around with you knobheads. Planning on moving away soon." 

He laughed at her but the feeling of guilt for leaving her and Rebecca took over and ruined his smile. "How's your sister?" he was unsure if he should mention it after the breakup with Adam but he didn't think she was bitter over it. 
"She was as good as you can be after your boyfriend of nearly nine years dumps you. She's better now obviously but it was rough when it happened."