𝟏𝟒. 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒

𝙹𝚄𝙻𝚈 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟾 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

To mark the end of college for everyone in their year, one brave boy who lived in the 'nicest' side of Wilmslow offered his house to be the host of their graduation party. This boy was Samuel Benson. Once they finally finished sitting in a sweaty hall, going up on stage to collect their 'Certificate of Graduation' (that was meaningless) and as well as any other awards they had won; everyone was practically running to Samuels house.

George and Elizabeth begged Matty for a lift and he somehow obliged, jokingly telling the two to "Have fun and be safe." as if he was some sort of middle aged single father. They laughed at his stupidity and carried the bags of alcohol in ready to metaphorically let their hair down and go wild in the celebration of their adulthood. The garage music was thumping through the house which only made George more excited, it would've been impossible for the duo to go their three whole years of friendship without Elizabeth uncovering that he had a weird obsession with the thumping sounds and distortion of Garage. 

He placed the drinks down in the corner of a room that they would inevitably never see again, but that was the least of their worries as they wanted to get outside and dance with everyone else. Elizabeth grinded along with George to the beat, having the time of her life while buzzed from the wine she was drinking. Head bopping to the tune and looking like a bit of an idiot, yet not caring about it. It wasn't until George got called away by some of his friends from music class that she decided to venture out to find more people. 

On her way inside a boy caught her eye, he was leaning against the wall of the house and smoking a cigarette. Not looking unhappy to be there but he wasn't having the most fun he could've had. So she approached him, like any friendly person would do. "What's your deal?" she asked, the alcohol doing the talking more so than herself.

"Excuse me?" he retorted, immediately getting defensive which Elizabeth did not expect.
She held her hands up in surrender, "Calm down, I was just wondering how you were? Most people look like they're enjoying themselves but you look depressed." she laughed, the slightest smile twinging on the corner of his lips that didn't go unnoticed.

He gestured around the garden, drunk bodies and pheromones running rampant in the air. "This, isn't really my scene." she rolled her eyes at the boy, determined to get him enjoying himself by the end of the night. 

"Then," she started, plucking the cigarette from between his fingers and taking a drag, "let's make it your scene." she dropped the nearly finished cigarette on the floor and stomped on it with her foot. Grabbing the boy by the forearm and pulling him inside to a table covered in bottles of spirits, cans of assorted ciders and beers and mixers. 
"I'll just have a coke-" he began to say but was cut off by an offended gasp.

"You can't just have a coke! We can start you off on something easy." she suggested, giving him a can of Strongbow apple cider while she went to pour her own Vodka and Coke that was more heavy on the Smirnoff. Her new friend laughed at her as she took a sip and pulled a face that was a mix of pain but she made it through. 
Then she realised she hadn't asked the most important question, "I'm so sorry but I didn't get your name did I?" 

He laughed and shrugged, no hard feelings about it. "I'm Jay, and you are?"
She held a hand out which he shook politely, "Elizabeth. Did you come here alone Jay or did you just ditch your friends?" 
He laughed at her, "More like they ditched me when they found their girlfriends."
Her mouth fell open as she remembered the times that happened to her, "I have been there mate!" she high-fived him, something she'd probably never do in her sober state, but she ignored it and continued to lead him back outside where he could get dancing.