𝟐𝟗. 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐒

𝙳𝙴𝙲𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿 | 𝙲𝙾𝙻𝙾𝚁𝙰𝙳𝙾

Elizabeth woke up from her well needed rest, to George sitting in bed and blasting Mariah Carey excitedly.
"It's Christmas!" He cheered, with a grin on his face that was far too big for so early in the day. They'd flown in from Oklahoma, rather than facing 9 hours on the tourbus, and she couldn't have been more thankful for a real queen sized bed - she made it known the night before just how thankful she was.

"What the fuck are you on about." She couldn't even pretend to be enthusiastic about Christmas when all she wanted was a coffee and another 10 hours of sleep.
He poked her in the side with a grin still on his face, "It's the first of December, it's basically Christmas. So would it kill you to be enthusiastic about it?"
She resisted her eye roll and looked George in the eye, "It wouldn't kill me, but I'd watch out if I were you." She leant up for a kiss which he gladly reciprocated, "Now I'm going to shower and not think about Christmas approaching so soon."

"Would it kill you to not be such a scrooge for at least one year?" George cried out, earning no response as the shower immediately turned on. He groaned but allowed her to do her business, waiting to try and convince her to join the festivities. 

By the time she'd physically and metaphorically cooled off on their hotel bed, George reentered the room with some pastries for their breakfast. 
"I know you said you really fancied Froot Loops, but there were none in the shop so I picked these up from the bakery." He gave her a half smile as she'd mentioned a sudden craving for them a lot since two tour stops ago. 

She nodded a thank you to him, but George knew there was something on her mind. He jumped onto the bed next to her, pinning her down in the process. "Talk to me." 
Elizabeth let her eyebrows furrow, "What is there to talk about." 
He couldn't help but let out a sarcastic scoff, "I know you Liza, I can tell when something's bothering you." 

Breaking the eye contact, she chose to stare at the ceiling as she contemplated letting out her incoherent thoughts.
"It's just that.." she took a pause, "The tour is ending soon, my contract ends soon. What happens when you jet off for your next tour straight away and we have to leave eachother again." 

A frown takes form on George's face. "That's what been getting you all bugged down?" He took notice of her nod and placed a kiss on her nose before speaking, "Liza, we've already gone four whole years with absolutely no contact-"

"Well thats a promising start." She cut him off with her sarcastic remark which made him laugh.
With a scolding shake of his head he continued, "If you'd let me finish. We went how long not speaking to eachother?" He asked a rhetorical question, not even pausing for her to answer.
"And sure it took us a bit of time to get to how we should be, after being too stubborn about things, but look at us now. I genuinely don't think anything can break up what we've got going on."
Her lips pursed and she pondered for a moment, knowing that George was right but still feeling a pit of dread in the bottom of her stomach.

She looked back at George, he had his eyebrows raised, "I know that obviously, but it doesn't mean I feel any better about not having you by my side everyday. Of course I miss the shop and I'll be excited to go back there, but I'm not excited about leaving you."
Elizabeth knew she was being clingy, so her hands immediately covered her face, preparing for the laughter from George.

Except it never came, "I'm going to miss you like hell too, but; and I mean this with all the love in my heart; you're being an idiot." 
"Excuse me." Elizabeth shot up immediately and let out a laugh at what he said. 
He immediately tried to backtrack, "No no, not like that. Matty's on his big 'save the planet' arc so we might not even tour 'Notes'," 

She nodded, starting to see where this conversation was taking them. "And then even if we did, who said you can't come with us? Even if we don't need another photographer, theres always room for you on the road." 
That was where her mind was torn, touring with the band was the experience of a lifetime; but she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it all over again. It took her to places in the world she'd never even dreamt of seeing; but it had been so mentally draining and drama-filled that she doubted she could go through it for a second time.

After a pause so long George started to get concerned, she gave a simple nod. However the reassurance it gave to George fell through when she spoke again. "I just don't want it to ruin us again G." 
The shock was clear on his face that he had not expected the conversation to go this way. "What are you talking about? We're not kids anymore we'll be fine." He rubbed her shoulder but she was starting to get more worked up.

Her eyes were glossing over and she knew she'd started the waterworks, "I can't go through 2013 again, it was hell George. I missed you so much."
He nodded, listening to what she was saying. "I get that, but where did this come from?"
Elizabeth shrugged, truthfully not knowing. "I just started thinking too much before I fell asleep last night. I don't want to lose you."

"I'm going nowhere. Okay?" He made sure she matched his eye contact, as if he was drilling his words into her brain."We're solid. We're like that." He made a gesture with his hands which made her laugh.
With the wipe of a few tears she looked at him again, "No I know that, but what if we're just not made to be apart. Things seem to fall through for us with distance."

"I don't say this often Liza but, you're wrong." She feigned offence but let him continue.
"It was down to us being young, nieve, and stupid, that we didn't last. We've grown, we're nearly bloody thirty for Christ sake."
She crinkled up her nose bridge at that reminded, "Don't say that G, you sound like my mother."
"Mine too." He gave a toothy grin.

"The point is my love, we're going to be okay. I love you. You love me. A silly little tour wont ruin our lives. And that's even if one happens! Who knows what the world will throw at us." He was proud of his little speech there, and Elizabeth could tell. 

Begrudgingly, she gave in. "I guess you are right."
"I'm always right Liza, thought you'd aught to know that by now." He gave a cheeky wink which made her roll her eyes. 

"I'm choosing to ignore that," She laid back in the bed. "Now give me my pastries." She demanded, making herself comfortable as they set up for a day of watching Christmas movies and cuddling.