𝟏𝟏. 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄

𝚂𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟽 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

"You'll be doing me a massive favour." Matty begged to the two teens sat on his sofa, who looked very disapprovingly at his proposition. 
Moments earlier he'd explained that he was going on a date with a new girl but they needed more people for the booking of the restaurant, so rather than asking any of his friends who were an actual couple he decided that asking Elizabeth and George to pretend to date would be a better idea.

George shook his head as he wasn't keen on the idea, "Why don't you ask Hann and Rebecca?" Elizabeth nodded at his suggestion, thinking it'd be smarter to take a real couple along with him. "I don't want us two to be the young ones, thats why I need you two there to make me look cooler." Matty laughed, desperately hoping they'd give in and say yes.

"Hmm, I don't know Matty won't it be awkward if me and George have to pretend to be going out, we don't have a clue what we're doing." Her lip was being toyed between two fingers as she pondered on her options. 
He shook his head, "You're joking right, you two practically are a couple. Just be normal and she'll think you've been in love for years. I'll do something for you in return obviously, no clue what but I'll owe you one." 

Elizabeth and George were sure they both thought of the same thing, free weed for at least some time, and they decided it was a deal. "Absolutely." He confirmed. "We'll pick matching outfits and everything." She joked, laughing when George turned his nose up in disgust. "No we fucking won't."
Matty grinned, thankful that they'd helped him out as he was really excited for his date for once. It was a change for Matthew Healy to try the 'dating scene' rather than having meaningless sex in vans. "Thank you so much like you've proper sorted me out now." 

They nodded at him before going back to usual activities of sparking up while watching an old eighties film they'd seen hundreds of times before while spooning on the sofa. 

-

Though it wasn't a real date, Elizabeth felt pressured to look the part of a happy couple and forced George into a shirt left from a family wedding and some trousers. Matty had explained it was a pretty fancy Indian restaurant and they needed to look presentable. "Are you going to let me get changed in peace or?" George joked as she was watching him take his shirt off. Instead her eyes rolled, "Sorry aren't you the perv who's always going on about how you've 'seen it all before anyway' when I ask for some privacy. I'm going to stare at you all I want G." 

He shook his head and laughed, giving her the most un-sexy looks while doing up the shirt to make her laugh. Instead of gawking at her friend she opened her wardrobe, pushing through dress upon dress trying to find something but turning down everything. "Can I pick something for you?" George suggested, nowhere near as confident in his styling abilities as he made himself sound like he was. She stepped to the side and gestured to the wardrobe, "Be my guest, I feel like I've got nothing to wear." 

He tutted, "You say that all the time and you find something, and you sound like my sister which is a total boner killer." A sock hit him in the side of the head after that remark, "I guess I deserved that one."  

"Yes you fucking did." 

A black dress with a white bow on the front was pulled out of the mass of clothing by George and for once Elizabeth didn't look utterly disgusted. "This could work." She took it from him, holding it over her own clothes in the mirror. "What do you think?" Elizabeth asked, looking to George through the mirror who nodded.
"Well I mean I picked it didn't I, put it on." He instructed, wanting her to hurry up and also discretely perv over how she looked.