𝟐𝟎. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒

𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟶 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

After yet another afternoon of drinking in Matty's garden, how they spent most of their weekends together when they were all available, Matty ran outside with a smile bigger than anyone had ever seen on his face. They all looked concerned but intrigued at what he was rushing to tell them. Elizabeth wasn't sure she'd seen the boy move so fast. 

"Right, you all remember that band we started talking to on MySpace? Little Comets?" all the boys nodded, the girls less sure but nodding anyway so that their pumped up friend didn't have to waste time explaining. 
"What about them?" George inquired, not sure why his friend was so eager to talk about this little band they'd only listened to once or twice.

"They've only gone and asked us to open for them on their UK tour." he cheered, jumping up and down and clicking his fingers in excitement. He looked not so far off from how he normally did on stage, bouncing about the place and high off of adrenaline. 

"No way."
"You're joking?"
"Really?" 

The responses from his bandmates only caused him to get more excited, they jumped up and joined in in the celebrations. Their group hug travelling around the garden as they got more and more energetic. 
The sisters laughed at their antics, standing up to congratulate them. "Aww I'm proud of you boys." Rebecca chimed in first, Elizabeth waiting to capture their reaction in a photograph before doing anything else.
"Send me that." Ross points at her, being the only one to notice her taking the photograph. She obliges and leaves her camera behind to say her congratulations. 

"That's seriously mental boys, well done." Before she knew it some arms were pulling her into the group hug too and the six of them were jumping around together in celebration. Definitely looking insane to anybody on the outside looking in, but they didn't care. All those years of hard work had paid off for the boys and they were finally going on a tour. 

Once they calmed themselves down, even after a few tears of pride and shock they actually thought to speak logistics. "So when do we go?" George asked, his mind only just now remembering he did have a job that he'd have to quit and parents to inform about what was happening. 

Matty reached for his phone, "They say the dates span from the end of January next year until the end of February so it's not crazy." the rest of them nodded in excitement, eager to go on a tour and travel their songs. A concept that almost seemed foreign for them, the ability to play their music to people who would want to listen. 

"They want us to go to some studio in London for rehearsals from the start of the year but the first show is in Manchester so you two can come cheer us on." He gestured towards their two friends who almost forgot themselves that they wouldn't be touring with them.

"It's going to be weird not seeing your ugly mugs almost everyday while you're gone." Elizabeth said openly, not trying to get soppy or sad but just making an observation. "You're going to be proper band members now, on the road and that. Mental."
They all dwelled on her words for a second before, in true Matthew style, he broke the silence. "Think of all the girls we're gonna get bro." he punched George jokingly in the arm, inflating his own ego while he pictured the crowds that he hoped would be full of women wanting a wild night with a band member, praying he'd not been sold a dream about life on tour. 

"Don't miss us too much then." Rebecca laughed, making an indirect comment about how he didn't even acknowledge Elizabeths confession about missing the boys. 
Adam placed an arm around her, signalling he'd not be going after all the girls, unlike his other three friends who were newly single again. 

Matty pondered again, a finger tapping on his lips "I don't see why you can't come with us?" The rest of the boys looked hopeful, wanting their other two best friends to join them on their first tour. However the two girls were far more realistic, bursting out into laughs that were almost identical and slightly scary. 

"You're joking." "We can't go." the said at the same time, knowing the situations wouldn't work out. 
"Well I for one have got a University degree to be doing while on placement as a teacher I can't just abandon my kids." Rebecca had a very clear reason why she was unable to go, she'd dreamt of being a teacher since she was in school, and no amount of love for her friends would persuade her to leave her aspirations for them.
They all nodded curt nods, understanding the situation; but in Mattys mind there was no key reason for Elizabeth not to go.

She could sense that he was waiting for an explanation and sighed, "I've got work, I'm trying to start a business in an industry that is so overwhelmingly full. I need to be in one place, you won't miss me too much in two months will you." she laughed, not sharing the same urgency of going on tour as her boys did.
"You could take photos for us? Be our on tour photographer?" Ross suggested, everybody else backing the idea.

"You know I'd love to but I'm sure 'Little Comets' have their own photographer, and I don't know if the experience on a tour would be better than working for people round here you know? Not many people are after a freelance tour photographer, theres hundreds out there most likely." she admired their dedication but she had to refuse. 

Mattys lips turned into a frown, "If you change your mind I'm sure I could pull some strings and get you to come with us."
As tempting as his offers were she still had to decline, "Maybe I'll come to a few more shows than just Manchester, but I don't have enough love in my cold dead heart for you all to go on tour with you." 

Their hands all flew to their chest, nearly simultaneously - which was further proof in Elizabeths conspiracy theory that the boys shared the same brain, and acted offended before laughing at her. "Nah we get it I guess, just would've been good to have you there." and with that Matty let the conversation rest, focusing on celebrating for the rest of the night with drinks and horrendous dancing.