𝟖. 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾 | 𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙽

The Facetime answer noise rang loudly and Elizabeth was faced with a smiley Rebecca on her screen, "Hiya, feels like ages since I've rung you." Dhe said through the laptop.
To which Elizabeth nodded. "I know, so much has happened you wouldn't believe." 

Rebecca 'Oohed' at her sister, asking for the details. "Oh God, where do I start?" Elizabeth sighed, "Well I think I told you about that location shoot that started in Oxford and ended hours away along the coast of East England." she rolled her eyes thinking about all the driving, awaiting her sisters response. 

Turning her head, she thought for a second, "Yeah I think so, you and Liliana went on it together right?" 
Elizabeth nodded, "Well I assumed it was for some small little band who were just starting up, you'll never bloody guess who it was for though." she paused for effect, not waiting for a reply from her sister, "Only our old friends 'The 1975'." she pursed her lips, awaiting the response.

Through the screen Rebeccas mouth fell open in shock, not able to think of any words for a moment. "You're joking right? They hired you again after all these years?" she was completely shocked, she never would've imagined that they'd see the band again let alone have her sister work for them. 
Elizabeth shook her head, "No thats another thing, they didn't even know it was me. Matty was just as shocked as me when I turned up at their recording studio." Rebecca laughed at the thought, not sure how they would've taken it.

"How were they all then?" Rebecca asked, wanting to know all the details after they'd not seen each other since before they gained all their fame. 
Elizabeth took a sip of her cup of tea, "Well who shall I start with, Matty looks like a different person. He's blonde, hair is so different now it's all like short and more well kept than when we knew the kid." 
Rebecca chuckled, "Matthew Healy has bleached his hair, I never would've expected that. How was he?" 

"He's got himself a girlfriend and he seems the happiest I've ever seen him which is weird. Somehow he's cheerier now than he was when he was shagging girls in the back of that Chinese delivery van." Elizabeth giggled at the face Liliana gave her from across the room, mouthing that she'd explain later. "Ross is just as lovely as ever, honestly I don't think much has changed apart from his hair, he's got a skin fade now, and his beard is bushier." 

Rebecca raised her eyebrows, "A skin fade? They've got themselves some stylists too alongside their fame have they?"
Elizabeth laughed at her sister and moved on, "Adam is blonde too! He's gone back to his bleached days but it's been done far better this time around. He's still the exact same person though it was kind of odd." 

Her sister nodded, taking in the information. Elizabeth was unsure if she was on good terms with the man so she decided to ask. "How are you two now? It's not a touchy subject is it?" 
She was sure it wasn't, after all Rebecca had a new boyfriend who she met in the school she worked in now. She shook her head rapidly, "I'm fine with him, we've not spoken to one another but I do see his mum sometimes around town and I'm fine with her. Anything else new with him?" 

After a moment of thought she decided it wouldn't hurt to mention it, "Well I met his girlfriend in a bar the other night so there's that." 
Her sister raised her eyebrows, "You went for drinks with them all? So you all got on fine, even George?" 
Elizabeth hesitated, she hadn't completely ignored George in the time they'd spent together but at the same time they never exchanged more than a few words, and she could sense his discomfort when they did. "Well, we barely spoke but when we did we were okay with each other. He's got a girlfriend as well - Caroline is her name." 

Rebecca gave her a look, the look that a big sister gives when they think something is up. "Have you stalked her Instagram yet?" Elizabeth denied it instantly, "No I don't even follow them all on  Instagram. I don't care anyway, I've got Charlie ain't I."
Rebecca nodded but still wasn't dropping it. "Well go follow them on Instagram and give them a good stalk. Also you didn't describe how George is looking nowadays to me." her eyebrows wiggled as she knew she was stirring the pot, wanting to make her younger sister admit something about her ex-beau.

Elizabeth sighed, thinking for a moment. "He's got way fitter there's no denying that, he just grows muscle every time I see him. His hair is long, bleached and curly now too so they've all been at the bottle of hair dye I reckon." she said truthfully, thinking there was no point in hiding the truth. "Also I don't particularly want to follow them on Instagram and see them all the time, it's not like we're properly friends now is it?" 

Simultaneously Rebecca and Liliana tutted, "We've just worked with them for almost a whole week, we're gonna be in contact for a while at least; and we're going to get tagged in photo credits so you may as well bite the bullet now." Liliana said matter-of-factly and Rebecca nodded along in agreement. 

"Okay fine, I'll try and find them all now." she didn't take much persuasion and began to search for their accounts on Instagram, starting with just typing 'The1975' into the search bar and giving a quick scroll through before following. Soon she found 'trumanblack' '1975adam' 'rass1975' and 'bedforddanes75' - none of the account names had changed since the start of their career so she could've easily found them at any point if she had wanted to. 

While she was searching Rebecca continued to talk, "I feel like you're not letting them back in because of how I was when Adam dumped me, but honestly I am over it, go get our old friends back." she demanded as a small pep talk.

Liliana hummed in agreement from her spot on the sofa before chiming in, "From an outsiders perspective it seemed like you'd never stopped being friends, except for you and George. There was so much tension between you two and we all felt it."
A laugh escaped Rebecca's lips at that omission, "I'm not surprised to be honest."
Elizabeth was quick to defend herself, "There was no tension between with me and George thank you very much. We're both over each other! He's got a girlfriend and I've got Charlie. There's no more 'me and George'." 

She found herself on the receiving end of two very similar looks from both Liliana and Elizabeth, both disagreeing with her without using their words. "Alright this conversation is over, talk to me about home." She moved the conversation on swiftly, avoiding the topic all together when her phone dinged. She saw four new follow requests on her personal account and accepted them all, accepting them back into her life.