𝟐. 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐎𝐗𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐃

𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾 | 𝙼𝟺𝟶 𝙼𝙾𝚃𝙾𝚁𝚆𝙰𝚈

"You know I hate it when you're right." Liliana spoke up, they had been sat in traffic that she was determined was not going to exist. She kept protesting leaving the house at five in the morning but she lost the battle to Elizabeth and now she was glad about it. "I'm not saying I can predict the future, but..." 
Instead of a coherent response, Liliana grumbled as she shoved a hash brown from McDonalds into her mouth. Her only form of happiness right now coming from greasy potato. "Who the fuck even lives in Oxford anyway?" 
Elizabeth sighed, "I have no clue, I don't even think they live up here they just wanted to have a photo shoot at -" she paused to read the name on the GPS, "Angel Residential Recording Studios." 

Liliana let out more curse words as the cars in front weren't moving. "Should I email them and say that if we're late it's because suddenly everyone has forgotten how to drive." Elizabeth thought for a moment and nodded, not wanting to appear unprofessional if they do turn up late.
"Right I sent it, the Jamie geezer seems alright so I don't think he'd be pissy." 

Elizabeth nodded, "If he is pissy I might be inclined to give him a right hook, did not get two hours sleep for the man to be treated like shit." she continued, earning more nods from Elizabeth who learnt at this point to just allow Liliana to ramble. A song changing on the radio distracted her though, something sounding like old school drum and bass she'd be all over in her secondary school years. "If I didn't wake up at the arsecrack of dawn I'd be going ham for this." Liliana practically screamed, her hand moving to the beat as did Elizabeths. 

"This is an absolute tune to be fair." they continued the rest of their drive with their spirits lifted and the radio continuing to play hits that brightened the mood for the rest of the journey, even if they were in the car for double the time they thought they would be. 
Liliana looked around them and saw nothing but fields, "Is this what your life was like back in Wilmslow?" 
Elizabeth laughed, shaking her head, "Not quite this rural, Wilmslow was like - driving through Richmond but less posh." she tried to explain to her friend who had been a London girl her whole life, born and raised in East London. 

"I can't see any signs for this place anywhere." Elizabeth sighed before they stumbled upon a fancy looking gate. There was no traffic behind them so they were able to stop and think about it. "The GPS says it's here but this looks like the entrance to a mansion in a horror film." 
Liliana agreed, "Should I get out and see if there's a buzzer?" Elizabeth pulled up closer to the gate and allowed her friend to hop out, managing to hear their conversation slightly. 

"What did they say?" she asked when her friend got back into the car. 
The gates opened in front of them so the question was answered for her, "They said drive up and that the Jamie man would meet us in the car park, the band aren't awake yet." 

"Lucky for some." Elizabeth tutted and drove up the pebbled path to find a man in his mid-fourties waiting for them with a big puffer jacket on, looking very protected from the cold. He signalled them over and they pulled into the space next to him. 

"Hello! You two must be Elizabeth and Liliana?" the nodded and held hands out to shake, clarifying their names with him. "Great, I'm Jamie and I manage 'The 1975' so I'll give you a run down of the shoot." 

'The 1975'. The mention of the name made her stomach turn. She'd completely ignored the band for years, she assumed that this was some small start up band she'd never heard of. Not her old friends from Wilmslow whom she'd completely lost contact with. 
She was blocking out everything Jamie was saying, hoping that Liliana was taking note as they were lead around the lot. Thoughts spiralled around her head of old memories, the times they'd spent together, listening to their album with Rebecca, the phone call with George. All of it came rushing back like the floodgates had just burst. 

She finally zoned back in when they got to a tiny out house filled with props and costume. "The whole schtick for their album promotion this campaign is about technology and being online, so Matthew wanted to use these VR headsets in a shoot if thats possible?" Liliana nodded and agreed, sensing something was wrong with Elizabeth. 

"Do you need time to set up anything or would you rather wait until the boys are ready, I think they're still working on recording or sleeping or something else right now - hard to keep track of them all the time." he chuckled. 
"Yeah I think Elizabeth and I will go sort out the cameras, lighting, tripods and stuff and bring them here. Whenever the boys are ready send them out and we'll chat about what they're after." she smiled and Jamie nodded, "Right, brilliant. Thank you both." 

When he was out of ear shot and they were walking back to the car Liliana called her out, "What the fuck has happened to you?" 
Elizabeth was panicking, she was usually the stronger speaker and photographer of the two so this was very new terrain for her. "I used to know these guys, 'The 1975'. I grew up with them, we went to school together one of them dated my sister - fuck it one of them was my first love. I've not seen them for years, this'll be so awkward." 

Liliana realised it was bad by the stress vein popping out on Elizabeths head, the last time she saw that happen was when she had to go to a family wedding. "Oh shit." 
"Yeah, oh shit!" she was fanning herself even though it was very cold out, trying to calm herself down. "Well getting worked up about it won't make it better, you need to act confident and then you'll be confident. Just have no hard feelings towards them and be professional." 

"Professional, I can do professional." she reassured herself, grabbing a bag full of camera equipment and steadying it on her shoulder. 

"Elizabeth!" a name called out behind her, a voice she'd not heard in over four years. 

"I don't know if I can do professional." she said under her breath to Liliana before facing the situation head on.