𝟐𝟐. 𝐀.𝐌. 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿 | 𝚄𝙺𝚁𝙰𝙸𝙽𝙴

An orangey glow cast over the room, Elizabeths eyes took a moment to adjust to the bright light of the morning. It took her even longer to realise that she was pressed against a larger body and held in a very familiar grasp. Two tattooed arms were wrapped around her waist and she cursed herself for last nights actions, as they came flooding back in her head along with an intense headache. 
Though her mind was still confused on where she stood with George, she couldn't lie to herself and say she wasn't enjoying being in this position again. Feeling his short breaths tickle the back of her neck, and hearing the light snores that he let out rhythmically in his sleep did bring her some form of comfort.

He felt her moving around in his arms, but was too blinded by sleep to realise what was going on. He stirred and squeezed tighter, slightly to her annoyance, but she accepted the hug for a few more moments before beginning to try and wake him up.
Elizabeth started to turn to face the man, being less gentle with her actions now as she knew they'd have to leave within a couple of hours and they needed a talk before they did. 

Once his eyes finally started to open he was met with a dishevelled and backlit Elizabeth, who was shielding his face from the sunlight while giving him a gentle smile. "Wakey wakey." She laughed, her voice more hoarse she'd expected and telling of the drinking and crying that took place the night before. 
He laughed at her confused reaction and let go of his grip on her. "Morning." His words came out deep and husky, pleasing to Elizabeths ears. 

"Sleep well?" She asked, finally sitting up and stretching slightly in an attempt to combat the awkwardness that had taken over the room. 
George nodded with a loud lawn, stretching his long limbs out and making the most of the rare occurrence that was sleeping in a real bed, as opposed to a tour bus bunk. In the process his fingers brushed across Elizabeths bare back which caused her spine to shudder.
He noticed and smiled to himself at her lack of control under his fingertips but pushed any explicit thoughts to the back of his mind.
"How about you?"
"Like a baby." She replied, hugging her knees to her chest and turning to face him. 

A short silence fell over the room, only the light sounds of their breathing and cars from outside the window were heard for a few moments before George spoke up. "Do we need to have a sober conversation about last night before we get back to the bus?" 

She thought for a moment and nodded, "We'll order room service and talk over that?" 
He nodded, accepting her proposition and listening to her as she started to speak again.
"I just need to know though George because I don't think my mind will rest until I know." She took a sharp breath in.
 "Did you mean it?" 
Her words were tentative, her hands fidgeting as her eyes barely managed to connect to his. She was scanning his face reading for any answer during his silence, her eyes almost darkening with sadness when there was a pause.

He grabbed her hand, "I don't think I ever stopped meaning it Elizabeth."
The glow was back in her eyes when they met once again. "I don't know what this means for us Elizabeth, I mean it's been years, but part of me has always been yours even if I tried to convince myself that it wasn't."

She nodded in silence, not sure what to say without making herself cry. He knew she was struggling with what to say, so he went back to his old ways of just comforting her with a simple hug. There were countless nights when they were younger when if she needed him for whatever reason, all he'd have to do is be there to keep her company and she'd feel safer, he was her emotional support during all the challenging times of her adolescence. 
"Thank you for this G." She said into his chest, her arms snaked around his waist as she crumbled into his arms.

He kissed the top of her head and rested his chin on it. "Always Liza." 
At that point she was practically putty in his arms, hearing him call her by that name again was all she needed to be transported back to the late-noughties and it felt as if they'd never even been apart.
George snapped her out of the daze that she'd fallen into. "Right well we need showers and have to order food, I'll get us some room service and you get yourself ready?" He suggested.
Elizabeth stood with a nod and went to get ready while leaving George to have a smoke on the balcony and order their food, while preparing himself for another difficult conversation. 

"You remembered?" She looked up at him with gleeful eyes as she took the lid off of plate of a full English breakfast. With no black pudding or mushrooms and an extra hash brown. 
He grinned with a nod, "I used to order that from the cafe practically every Saturday and remembered it even with a banging hangover, I think its engrained into my brain." 

A chuckle fell from her lips as she sat down, "Sorry about that, but you have to agree it's the superior breakfast order." 
"Oh I can't dispute that, I got the exact same." 
A comfortable silence encased the room, they both tucked into their food while simply enjoying being in each others company. 

"I've not said it enough, I don't think I can say it enough. I'm sorry about the way I treated you George." Elizabeth suddenly burst out, she'd started to get into her thoughts and realised that as much as she tried to make herself the victim; she couldn't deny that she was at fault just as much or if not more than George was.
His hand reached out and held her much smaller one, "It's fine. I feel like we need to to stop apologising, because that's all we're going to end up doing. We both made mistakes and we're realising them now so it's fine, right?" 

Elizabeth nodded, agreeing that if they couldn't move past their mistakes then really there wouldn't be any point in pursuing any sort of relationship again. "Okay, so where do we go from here?" 
He thought for a moment while chewing a mouthful of food, "Well obviously we've grown as people since then. We can't just jump back into what we were."
"Oh God no that'd be so irresponsible." She agreed, almost too eagerly for Georges liking.

There was the slightest change in his demeanour and it didn't go unnoticed to Elizabeth, his gaze fell down to his plate and he suddenly seemed more interested in the baked beans rather than the woman in front of him.
"I just mean, we can't jump back into having sex nightly but with added feelings this time. We've not been together like that since, Two thousand and eight probably."

They both took that in, they'd not looked at each other, been with each other or touched each other in the same way for all those years. Yet the feelings they felt were still there for one another.
"George I loved you so much back then, I didn't stop either. No matter where I was or who I was with, I know part of me longed for you." 

They locked eyes for a moment and the air surrounding them felt heavy.
"We'll take it slow, just ease back into it and we'll be fine." He grinned, giving her hand a comforting squeeze.
Elizabeth felt her eyes beginning to well up, likely due to the overwhelming happiness that she felt now she was with George again. He noticed this and awed at her. "Come here." 
She obeyed and moved around the table to sit over his lap, letting tears spill into his chest as he rubbed comforting circles around her back.

"Well be fine." She echoed him as she looked up at his face, the face she'd missed so much without even acknowledging it. In a spur of the moment decision she leant up and connected their lips together. It was nothing too eager or forward, but exactly what both of them needed in that moment. A sign of reassurance that they both wanted the same thing, and that was each other.