𝟏𝟖. 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿 | 𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙷𝙴𝚂𝚃𝙴𝚁

Everyone crashed at Rebecca and Adams tiny house after the gig, not wanting to travel all the way back home on the train or drive in their state. Elizabeth wanted to hit her sister after forcing herself and George to sleep on the same air mattress, stating that it was 'only fair' that they shared like everyone else.
When she got under the duvet and faced away from him he spoke up. "Do you want me to sleep on the floor?"
She scorned him, "I'm not that pathetic, just go to sleep." and with that they didn't speak another word to each other. It was the most awkward sleep of her life, feeling his heartbeat through the bed only reminded her of the nights they used to spend together. She missed the feeling of being in somebodies arms, his arms, but she wasn't going to ask him for a cuddle. She was above that. 

Now they all sat day drinking in the front room. Donning yesterdays clothes and smelling a bit but they didn't care, they missed the times like these ones. 

Matty was the first to raise his affection for the group. "Look at us guys, I've missed us." he grinned cheesily, earning laughs and fake gags from everybody. 
Rebecca agreed with him, "It's been far far too long since all of us got in the same room and just pissed about." 

"Yeah because you're busy trying to get a degree, we're busy trying to get a record deal and Elizabeth's busy trying to become a successful photographer." Ross stated plainly, laughing at their grown up situations. 
"Trying? I think I am a successful photographer thank you very much." Elizabeth acted fake-hurt, laughing at Ross because she knew he was right, she was very much just trying to become successful. 

He put an arm around her and squeezed herself into his side, "You know you're my favourite photographer, you've always taken better photos than George - I mean have you seen the ones he took on my MySpace - awful." she laughed and George flashed him a middle finger whining a 'fuck off' in his friends direction.

"Speaking of Elizabeth being your favourite photographer," Matthews new girlfriend spoke up, "Have you asked her to film that live video of 'Sex' yet?" 
She raised her eyebrows at the boy who must've forgotten. "When was I going to be told about this?" 

He laughed, "Do you want to film a live video of 'Sex' for us? We've got the camera and the mic we just need your creative flair." He did a sprinkle gesture with his hands which made the girl laugh, nodding at him. 

"Well did you think I'd say no?" she laughed, knowing that she's really the bands personal camera-woman. 
"I guess not but I wanted to still be polite."
She gasped, "Matty Healy, Manners? Never." 
He threw a pillow at her, begging her to shut up which she did. For a moment until she wanted to discuss ideas for the video.

"Is it just going to be you four, instruments in hand and playing normally - what's the deal?"

She hadn't thought that this would provoke one of Mattys ramblings about his creative ideas, so the group had to sit through him ramble about what he wanted to happen in the video for far too long for anybodies liking. They just didn't have the heart to tell him they did't care or didn't need as much detail as he wanted to give.
"I think I get it, we'll do it later yeah?" was all she had to reply to shut him up, earning looks of praise from everybody in the room. 

That is how at around five o'clock in the evening, Elizabeth, Matty, Adam, George and Rebecca were crammed into Adams car with a guitar, drum, boom mic and slightly bulky camera, scouting for a location to film the video. They left Ross and the rest of the girls behind as they got slightly too wasted on Pimms throughout the afternoon. He tried to object but they didn't want to babysit their drunk friend as well as successfully film a video. 
Elizabeth ended up sandwiched between Matty and George in the backseat, guitar across her lap and the boom mic finding its way from the boot to in-between herself and Mattys head; making their conversation difficult as she had to lean way further into George than she felt comfortable to see the boy. 

"I was thinking outside of the library? You know the big one that looks like a museum? People might see us busking and we'll get a few quid out of it too?" He proposed, nobody having any oppositions to the idea, so Adam drove in that direction while Rebecca begged him to leave the radio station on playing 'P!nk'. 

Elizabeth found their sighs of annoyance to be funny, joining in with her sister in screaming the lyrics to 'So What', earning threats from Matty and even George piped up. Adam threatened to crash the car if she didn't 'stop that disgraceful singing' which she took offence to. 
"I may not be in a band Hann but my singing is top tier thank you." 
George scoffed, thinking everyone else would laugh too but they didn't. Matty then laughing at the awkward encounter happening in the car next to him while they were looking for a spot to park in.

"It's freezing out and you can't find a space just pull over somewhere and I'll wait in the car." Rebecca offered, the sun had gone down a significant amount and the Manchester nightlife was at peak starting time. They had driven around the same street roughly six times and she was sick of it. They quickly jumped out of the car, parked in a likely illegal spot on double yellow lines, and grabbed all the equipment to film their song.

"So if you just, pan around us all like this kinda?" Matty showed with his hands where he wanted the view of the camera to go and she nodded, seeing what he was seeing in terms of the recording. "If Hann just stands there and holds the mic then he's great, you can duck under him right?" She nodded for what she felt like was the hundredth time, and tried to convince the boys to just get on with it.

"Three, two, one." she counted down, signalling George to clap in an attempt to make the audio sync easier and then they began to sing. She crouched around them on the floor and panned in and out on their faces, the canopy of the building they were under, partially at the crowd of middle aged women that had formed and Hann, but that was entirely an accident as she nearly slipped off of the step she was leaning on. 
One final circle back around Matty and up at George as the song was ending, he looked down and smiled at the camera as he drummed which she stopped herself reacting to. She panned out and got both of them in shot as Matty finished the song with a simple, "Was that alright." and therefore ended the recording.