𝟐𝟒. 𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝙵𝙴𝙱𝚁𝚄𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟸 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

Elizabeth met somebody nearer the end of the last year, through a friend of a friend she was invited to a birthday party of, and hit it off with somebody called Tyler. He'd just finished studying Business Management at University and invited her out on a few dates. Now they were a few months in and she felt it was time to introduce him to her sister. 
She didn't feel like bringing him to her entire family already so they decided to invite her to his house, it would be less awkward than forcing her parents to act like a happy couple for one night. 

Elizabeth briefed him on what to expect while they stood in his kitchen. She was sat on his counter while he stood between her legs. "She's lovely honestly,  she'll probably try and intimidate you a bit but she'll be doing it as a laugh." He sighed though a smile, nervous but not extremely.
"Noted, from what you've said she seems nice, and if she's anything like you I'll be fine." he pressed a sweet kiss on her lips and smiled at her. She laughed at him and her hand rubbed the back of his neck, pulling him back in for another kiss as his hands roamed up her thighs - slightly raising the skirt she was wearing and deepening the kiss. 

A knock at the door startled them as they both forgot they were awaiting guests. "I'll get it." Elizabeth offered, jumping off of the counter and straightening out her appearance in the mirror before opening the door to her sibling. "You alright?" she quizzed, smiling at her sister as she invited her in.
She nodded, "Yeah I'm alright, you?" Elizabeth nodded in response and instructed her to follow her down through the hallway into the kitchen where her boyfriend stood.
"This is Tyler, Tyler this is Rebecca." She introduced the two who shook hands, smiling at one another.
"Nice to meet you at last!" she smiled, he nodded and agreed.
"I've heard lots about you from Elizabeth." 
She chuckled and looked to her sister, "All good things I hope."

Elizabeth jokingly thought, "Maybe one or two drunken stories from our reckless teenage years." they all laughed and moved to sit at the table. "Ty was dying to cook but I told him not to bother with all that hassle just for you-"
Her sister cut her off, mock offended "How rude! I would've appreciate a home cooked meal Tyler if there's ever one going free." she chuckled.
"I think Elizabeth just wanted a takeaway so she didn't have to suffer through another one of my home cooked meals to be honest with you." 

His girlfriend swatted him on the arm, "Shut up you're a great cook, I just wanted to make it easier and order a takeaway so whats everyone having from the Indian?" she asked the table, leaning towards her phone and ready to place an order. 
"I'll have a Chicken Korma and Lemon Rice please." Her sister asked as she wrote it on the napkin in front of her. 
Her boyfriend responded with his order, "Chicken Tikka please." and with that she went to order.
"I'll be back in a second, don't say anything embarrassing about me."

She placed the order and entered the room to her two favourite people laughing like they were good friends and hadn't just met under half an hour ago, which was the best sight she could've seen in this situation. "What have I missed?"
Rebecca caught her breath from laughing, "We were talking about that time at Leeds you dropped acid and you were convinced that nothing in life was real and we were all robots kidnapping you." 

Elizabeths hands flew to her mouth, forgetting that ever happened and how bad of a story that was. "I completely forgot about that!" she squealed out, cringing at her past self and reckless behaviours. "How did you even get onto that topic of conversation when I said specifically to not embarrass me?" 
They both laughed at each other, "Obviously we had to talk about the most embarrassing stories we have with you, mine was nowhere near that bad though." Tyler confessed which only made her face turn an even brighter shade of red. 

"Do I even want to know?" she deadpanned, really cringing at this conversation but knowing she'd have to deal with it as her two closest people got to know each other. 
He chuckled again, putting a hand on hers "I obviously had to say it, when we were shopping and you thought I was stood next to you but it was some fifty year old man and you pinched his bum instead of mine." 
"Tyler!" she cried out, "We agreed to never mention that to anybody." 
Her sister butted in, "I don't count, I'm your sister it's practically my birthright to know every embarrassing story about you." 

She pouted at her sister, "I've not told Adam every single embarrassing thing about you."
Rebecca shook her head, "No, because he witnessed most of them." 

The knock on the door signalling the food had arrived managed to end the conversation, a few comments made about how fast it had turned up while Tyler went to get the drinks and Elizabeth dished the food out. 
The rest of the evening was filled with laughs and casual conversation that flew naturally anybody on the outside looking in would've thought that they'd been friends for years. 
As it came to saying goodbye Elizabeth decided she'd get a ride home from her sister instead of staying with her boyfriend for the night. Wanting to know her sisters honest opinion on him.

After Rebecca had said her goodbyes she headed out to start the car and Elizabeth stayed back for a second. "She likes you." she stated confidently, hands fiddling with those of her boyfriends.
He grinned down at her, "You're sure?"
"Absolutely certain, I'll text you when I'm home yeah?"
He nodded at her and they pressed their lips together once more, a sweet kiss where she could still taste the alcohol on his lips. He pulled her into an embrace and wished her goodnight as she skipped out of the door to greet her sibling.

"So what did you think of him?" the younger Collins girl chimed, shutting the door to the car. 
Rebecca smiled, placing a hand on hers "He's a lovely boy, I like him Elizabeth." 
Even though she had no doubts that they'd get on she let out the cheesiest grin at her words. "I knew you would, I'm so glad." 
Rebecca laughed at the little excited squirm she was doing in her seat, almost distracting her from focusing on driving carefully. "You have nothing to worry about, he seems like a keeper and everyone else will love him when you finally introduce him.

She nodded, realising that eventually she'd have to try and fit him into her friend group or at least make him known to them all. She had nothing against merging her friend group and her relationship, if they got on it would be the best situation for her. However she knew after the situation with George and their unresolved conflicts, that it would be difficult for her to be surrounded by her ex-fling and her current boyfriend at the same time.