𝟗. 𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃

𝙹𝚄𝙻𝚈 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟽 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

Rebecca and Elizabeth's home life was on the up for a long time. Their nights of running away into the night to smoke and calm down had become less and less frequent over the course of the last year or so. Their dad had completely quit drinking, her mum also turning sober to help him cope with it. They got on a lot better, less shouting and their arguments were handled in a mature way which was down to the couples counselling that the two teens had begged them to attend. 

They even started doing things as a family again, trips to the seaside in Blackpool and visits to Chester Zoo. It made them feel like a proper family again, something that the girls desperately needed for security in their lives. It stopped them from feeling like they were empty and unloved, and allowed them to live their teenage lives with no guilt. No more fear of coming home to smashed photo frames, bloody knuckles and black eyes. 

Until tonight, Elizabeth sat at her desk with her headphones on and listening to the bands demos that George had sent her to ask for her opinions on their first finished songs. She wasn't focusing on anything in particular and was just scrolling through MySpace. Then she heard a loud clatter from downstairs. Followed by what sounded like screaming. 
The headphones were practically thrown off of her head as she ran to the stairs to see what was going on. Seeing her dad backing her mum into a corner, punching the wall behind her head. Screaming in her face over something Elizabeth paid no notice to. 

She saw the bottle in his hands, Jack Daniels. Half empty. A sigh fell from her lips and she debated what to do, if she just ran she wasn't sure what would happen but if she ran in between them it would put herself at risk. Something she swore to Rebecca she'd never do. She was wishing Rebecca was there right now, instead Adam had taken her out on a date, now that he'd passed his driving test and could go into town. She couldn't face it, not while her dad was in that state. 

So she ran. She ran to the arms of the first person she thought of. It used to be Matty, he was like her big brother and Denise was always understanding if she needed to crash in the spare room. Now all she could think of was George. She wanted to be held in his arms while he shushed her to sleep. She felt secure when she was around him, maybe it was because of his lanky stature and the way he could probably beat up somebody who put her at risk if he tried hard enough. Or maybe it was because of the way he treated her. Always saying the right thing and being careful of her delicate emotions. 
She hated seeming like a damsel in distress, but she certainly looked the part. Messy hair and dark clothes, mascara probably running down her face and her cheeks flushed red due to the cold air of the night. He probably lived a short ten minute walk away, quicker at her pace. 

The second he answered the door she threw herself at him. He was confused but instantly wrapped his arms around her, knowing she was crying from the way her body pulsated. "Shhhh. Let's go upstairs yeah?" he cooed softly into her ear, trying to lead her away from where his family could've spotted them. Not wanting them to ask questions or fear for her wellbeing. She nodded and gladly accepted his hand as he pulled her through the house. 
"I'm sorry for piling this on you, you're just the first person I thought of, and I had nowhere else to go because Rebecca and Hann are on a date and mum and dad are-" she choked out at a mile a minute, being cut off by her sobs. She didn't need to say anymore for him to understand.

He had heard the rare argument when visiting her house before. He distracted her with his kisses and his hands, her mind unable to worry about what happened downstairs while it was focused on keeping quiet under the influence pleasure caused by George. 

His hands smoothed her hair and she wrapped hers around his bigger frame. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." he whispered into her shoulder in an attempt to calm her. He wasn't very good when it came to emotions but he felt like he was doing a decent job with his friend. Noting her loud cries became gentle sniffles.

"I don't want to talk about it, I know it's early but can you just hold me until I fall asleep." she looked up at him with tear stained eyes that he wiped with his thumbs, holding her face in his hands. 
"Of course I will." he stood her up and kept a hold of her by her waist. "Do you want to get changed?" she wasn't in uncomfortable looking clothes but he felt like offering her his. She nodded her head and he went to help her change, until she pushed his hands away.
He looked concerned at her but she half laughed, "I've not got a bra on." 

"Are you joking? I've seen you naked countless times." she rolled her eyes and sighed, knowing that he made a good point and allowed him to undress her. Placing a comforting and gentle kiss on her shoulder which made her skin raise in goosebumps. The coldness of his room making her feel exposed as he turned to get her a t-shirt from his wardrobe. Upon turning back around he let out a nose laugh at the sight of her.
She didn't know if she should've been offended, simply asking "What?" 
He shook his head, not about to tell her how attractive she looked and make it seem like he was trying to get her into bed while she was dealing with her trauma. "It's nothing." 

Usually she wouldn't accept that as an answer, pestering him any way she could to get him to talk and tell her everything that was on his mind. Today that didn't seem necessary as she got into bed, him cuddling her from behind as her mind wandered. She hadn't noticed she was absentmindedly humming a tune until George called her out on it.
"Are you singing 'Sex'?" he laughed out of surprise, not sure if he was hearing her correctly. 

She nodded, "I was listening to the demos you put on my computer before I came here. It's a good song." she confessed. Knowing her words would make his ego grow tenfold.
He laughed at her again, "Aww, you're our first little fangirl." he teased, knowing she'd hate him calling her that.

"I suggest you shut up George Daniel or else I'll hurt you." her threat was the least bit threatening, causing him to let out one more laugh that echoed through her bones. She rolled her eyes and huffed, though he couldn't see the joking resentment on her face.
"You could never." 

She shook her head, turning slightly to face him. "I can think of many ways to hurt you George, don't push me." and with that she turned around once more to fall asleep while Georges hands absentmindedly brushed across her skin. Sending fire through her veins but comforting her at the same time. 

Once he was sure she was asleep he gently let go of her, wanting to get back to the song he deserted on his computer. A quick kiss was placed on her forehead before he whispered a quiet "Love you." and moved away to continue messing about with the things himself and the boys recorded earlier in the day.