𝟐𝟕. 𝐂𝐔𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏

𝚂𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿 | 𝙴𝙼𝙸𝚁𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚂 𝙰𝙸𝚁𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚂

Once George got back to Wilmslow for the day he got very caught up in seeing family. He felt like he hadn't seen his nieces and nephews in years, so he made sure to spend extra time with them. His mum had obviously caught wind of Elizabeths presence on the tour, and wanted to know answers - given while he was sober this time. Though she was never explicitly told that they had a fling - and then a falling out - she had her inutition and it wasn't wrong.
She'd have had to have been blind to not see his moodiness around that time in 2008, once Elizabeth was no longer round the house. She didn't like to pry so she left him to it, but she felt the absence of her giddy laugh from upstairs almost as much as George did. 

She made sure she was going to get as much information as possible while he was home, for once.
When everyone had gone up to sleep, she was alone with him chatting over a glass of wine. The clock was creeping into the early hours of the morning, and the only source of light was from the fireplace.

She caught his attention and placed her glass on the coffee table.
"So what's happening with Elizabeth?" His eyes widened, clearly shocked that she was mentioning her, as he didn't think there was anymore questioning needed after Leeds.
He furrowed his brows, "What about Elizabeth?"
"Me and her mother still chat you know. She mentioned she was photographing for your tour, before I saw her live in the flesh at Leeds. Bit offended you didn't tell me to be quite honest." She said light heartedly. 

He rolled his eyes at her final comment, "It was very unexpected, she has some fancy studio in London now and Jamie hired her to take promo shots before the album." 

"So you've been in contact with her for that long and didn't think to tell me?" She kept getting more and more surprised.

George was confused by her interest in Elizabeth though, he didn't see why she suddenly cared so much, when she took things with a pinch of salt after seeing her with him. "I didn't think it was a big deal? I mean I hadn't spoke to her in years until Jamie found her, and she was never told who we were." He paused for a second before mumbling under his breath,
"Doubt she would've taken it if she heard the job was for 'The 1975'"

The last part didn't go unnoticed by his mother, "Why wouldn't she had taken it? You two were always close when you were younger. This was basically her second home for crying out loud!" 
George really didn't want to be having this conversation but he supposed he had to someday soon.
"Well we fell out, you must've seen that when she stopped coming round everyday." 

"Of course I knew that, you just never explained why." His mother wanted answers, it felt like she'd had half the story made up in her head.
George still felt horrible about how their friendship ended; he knew his mum would just scold his past self for being stupid. With a sigh he continued, "I don't want to talk about that, we've discussed it and we're over it now."

That caused a smile to appear on her face, "So are you two, together again?" She added emphasis on the 'together' and pulled a face which only made him cringe. 
"Mum please-" 
She cut him off, "George with all due respect, you're thirty next year. I want more grandkids and if it's with my favourite girlfriend you've ever had things would be perfect." 

As the words fell out of her mouth his expression of shock only grew and grew. "There is so much to unpack there." He scoffed.
"I'm not having a child anytime soon, Katherine hasn't even had kids yet and she actually has a husband." He referenced his sibling.

She jumped in, "I know, and I've been telling her since they've got married she should be more like Laura." 

George chose to ignore her statement and carry on, "She was your 'favourite girlfriend'? Mum she wasn't even a girlfriend."
His mum shook her head, "You say that now, but neither of you saw how you looked at each other when the other's back was turned; or how you'd squeeze her half to death when you were sleeping."