𝟐𝟗. 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓

𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟹 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

"I came as soon as I read your text, where are you?" Elizabeth called out as she let herself into the flat she shared with her sister. She heard a grumble from the living room and charged into it, after she kicked off her shoes and hung up her coat in the hall. 

The sight she saw when she entered the room was worse than she was expecting. 
Rebecca laying on the sofa, red nose, puffy eyes, tissues surrounding her, blankets up to her chin and a bottle of wine, near empty. 

"That bastard." she said to herself more than to her sister who was in a state. Rebecca nearly let her lips twinge into a smirk, "Tell me about it." she croaked out, her throat sounding hoarse due to the amount of crying she'd been doing. 
Elizabeth quickly left the room to return with yet more wine and two bars of chocolate, all she could offer her older sister was comfort food, alcohol and a shoulder to cry on. 

"Budge up." she demanded, sitting cross legged behind her sister who let her head rest on her lap. "Take one of these and go nuts." she passed the bars of milk chocolate to her, Rebecca keen to unwrap one and eat her feelings away in true post-breakup fashion. Elizabeth's hands stroked her hair, trying to soothe her through the pain that she hadn't truly felt before. 
"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked gently, wanting to know the extent of what happened before she said anything unfavourable. 

Rebecca shook her head gently, "Give me a minute, I just want to savour this chocolate right now." Elizabeth chuckled slightly at her sister, accepting her request and watching whatever was on the television prior to her turning up. Some daytime British show about selling vintage antiques, she was unsure which one as there were many shows fitting that description, but she accepted that it was on and got into it. 

Eventually her sister started to sit up from underneath her, turning to face her and start speaking. "He called me, and obviously after the festival went well and the album coming out soon I thought it was just the regular you know?" she sniffled and let her sister nod in response before continuing. "Then he was all like 'I'm sorry but I think tour and the album coming out is going to be too much for me to deal with with a relationship on top', like what the fuck!" she groaned out, exasperated and crying again. Elizabeths arms flew around her sister, shushing her as she gently rubbed her back to calm her down, "What else happened?" 

"Well obviously I was all like, 'What the fuck?' and he just kept saying he was sorry or something, I was crying at this point. I think I asked if he wanted a break and he was like 'I think we need to break up.' Then at that point I was a state honestly." she wiped her nose with the back of her sleeve which made her younger sister grimace slightly, but she didn't notice. "Then I think I called him a 'Fucking immature arsehole'-" Elizabeth let out a nose laugh, then apologised and signalled for her to carry on.

Her head fell into her hands, "I'm just so frustrated because he had no good reason, we'd been fine the whole tour before this and we were great at the festival? I don't understand?" she groaned, clearly frustrated and it was evident her mind had been imagining all sorts of scenarios. "Then I asked if he'd cheated and he said no, he seemed properly sure that he hadn't so I don't think he did but honestly I don't know anymore. That was the only reason I could see him dumping me for." 

Elizabeth didn't know what to say, when she thought of 'True Love' she thought of Adam and her sister, they were the first happy couple she knew growing up as her parents relationship fell through from a young age. They'd been together from the age of sixteen and they were approaching their nine year anniversary. Rebecca constantly had to endure questions from friends and extended family members on when he was going to propose, but they had both declared they were fine with not even thinking about marriage at such a young age. 

She wanted so desperately to know his side of the story, but it would be wrong by her sister if she texted him to ask. Even though she was imagining a rational explanation from Adam she didn't dare mention any potential reasons why he could've chosen to break up with her to her sister. She knew that she had to take her side and agree with all the bad things she was going to say about Adam to help her feel better. 

"I'm not even angry," she started, which confused Elizabeth very much. She expected her to go crazy and completely besmirch his name. "I'm just shocked, and confused and sad. If he really just thought it got too much I can't blame him can I. I still love him so much but if he doesn't want a relationship I can't be angry at that can I?"

Once again Elizabeths arms snaked around her sister, resting her head on top of Rebeccas. "That was a very mature response from you that, honestly, I was not expecting." It made her older sister laugh, even if that did mean a snot bubble formed, but she took it as a step in the right direction of cheering her up. "It was a bit of a dick move though wasn't it, taking you out to Leeds festival and then dumping you two days later. Who'd have thought Adam could be so cruel." 

She wiped her nose and looked at her sister, "I should've known it was coming, we'd been weird for a while." Elizabeth looked down at her in shock, "Don't say that, you couldn't have guessed it. And he made it seem pretty normal at the festival when you two couldn't detach your lips from one another."
Rebecca thought for a while and shrugged, humming in response as she thought about the kisses they shared that she didn't know were their last. 

Elizabeth laughed to herself slightly before leading with another good point, "Logistically he got it all wrong didn't he, didn't even let you stick around to give him a present or something for the album release." The more Rebecca thought about it she laughed harder, then sighed, "Saved myself some money though didn't I." 

"I guess, means we don't have to buy the album now too." Rebecca called her younger sister out on a lie, "Right you're chatting out of your arse now, you know full well you're going to listen to that album don't lie to me out of pity."Elizabeth put her hands up in defence, smiling now because she knew her sibling was right and also because her mood had been lifted by their conversation.