𝟏𝟗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌

𝙵𝙴𝙱𝚁𝚄𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟶 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

It was past shop working hours, but Elizabeths boss was a kind man who allowed her to use the editing space after they'd shut. She also managed to sneak the boys in to overlook the edit of their last music video. Matty asked one of his family friends to record the footage at 'mates rates' and he edited most of the videos but ran out of time for the final one himself. 
"Obviously it isn't going to be as good as his, are you sure you want me to do it?" she wanted to be extra cautious and was slightly anxious about ruining their work.

"Of course we do, why would we doubt you?" Matty laughed at her, patting her on the shoulder as he observed the edit with Ross and George.
She shook her head, "I know more about photos than videos you know, this is a bit out of my comfort zone." 
The boy put his hand on her back again, "We trust you, don't we boys." The other two nodded and agreed with his words, eagerly anticipating their first view of the edit.

"Right this is it so far, I think I need to rework some of it and I've got some questions." she pressed play and 'Ghosts' rang through the speakers, the black and white video playing as Matty sang along and danced on the screen. 
She paused it on a shot of George, "Do I have to blur this out?" 
George piped up, mock offended "You want to blur me out of my own bands video?" 

She rolled her eyes and laughed, "I was talking about the Marvel logo behind you, because if you want me to blur out every shot of that poster you can jog on mate. I'll just cut George out all together."
Matty laughed at her threat, "Nah why would you need to cut it out? We're not the BBC."
She shrugged, unaware of any copyright rules and regulations on YouTube videos. "I don't know what you can and can't upload on the internet do I, you're the one who should know." 

Ross chuckled at their bickering, "Right so Marvel poster is allowed in, what other questions did you have." 
Elizabeths eyes widened as she remembered something, "It wasn't my next question but Ross my love!" she paused, grabbing his hands with a jokiness in her words, "There is nowhere near enough footage of you in this music video!"
He laughed and looked down at his lap, not sure how to take that comment. The other two boys also laughed at him. "Well that's all James' fault, blame Matty for hiring him." 

Elizabeth hit Matty over the head, "Ross is your best member mate you're underutilising him."
"I thought I was the best member, I'm the fucking singer." he laughed, Ross pumping the air in achievement. "Close third."
"Fucking third!"
She nodded, "Can't really put you above Hann can I, he's like my big brother." He nodded understandingly, knowing to take her words with a pinch of salt.

Ross pointed at George, "Look at him over there with a face like thunder." He was going to come up with a quick response but Elizabeth jumped in first.
"You can't even say anything, because if it wasn't for me you wouldn't be in this fucking band. So keep schtum." his hands flew up in surrender, not going to provoke the girl anymore.

"Someone's feisty eh." Matty laughed, squeezing her hip which only warranted a punch in the chest as a reply. "Anything else about the music video again?"
"Yeah, when do you want the logo to come in? The start and fade into the video or the end to finish it off?" she opened the file with their 'Drive Like I Do' logo and got ready to drag it onto the editing software but they stopped her.

"Didn't we tell you? We've rebranded." Ross laughed, mainly at her face as she looked at them, disappointed but not surprised. 
"Again? Christ what are you called now?"
George laughed at her sassiness, knowing it was all Matthews fault that they changed names so frequently. 

"Bigsleep, but written in all capitals with a space in between every letter." Matty winked, hands in the air as if he was holding their logo in his field of view. 
She nodded slowly, "Right, what inspired this name then?" 

He sighed, knowing that she would always give him shit for his name choices. "It just sounds cool and inspiration hit one day, you know how it is." She didn't feel it was fair to carry on insulting her friend so she just accepted it.
"Right well I'll shove the old logo in and we can change that when you send the new one over but start or finish?" the boys agreed unanimously they'd rather it at the end so that was where she placed it.

"I think this is shaping up to be some of my best work." she joked, adding some more cuts and different angles of footage into her creation. 
Matty laughed, "It could be but nothing will top the Robbers video you did for us back in the day."
She burst out laughing, "I forgot about that!" her mouth hung open in shock, remembering the day of the shoot so clearly. 

"Also thats rude, you're saying my first ever video was my best work. Have I really not improved at all." she pouted.
A sudden arm pulled her into a hug from Ross. Her hair getting ruffled while in the loving headlock. "We might be saying that, but it comes from a place of love."

She squealed at the shock, while attempting to get out of it and swore at him once she was free, straightening up her hair.
"Fuck you guys then, edit your own video." she laughed, getting up to get a drink from the small staffroom just outside the room they sat in. 

"Get us a beer please?" Matty called out, everyone chiming in saying they wanted one too. 

She walked back in with four bottles of water for everybody. "You do realise this is a place of work, like an actual shop right? We don't keep alcohol hidden in the fridge incase we have a bad customer and need to get the edge off." 
Matty tutted, "You should." while George added in a "Disappointing." 
Today for a reason unbeknownst to everybody he spoke perhaps the most he had done while in her presence since their argument. Elizabeth hadn't forgiven him, the girl loved to hold a grudge, but she wasn't opposed to him going back to his old self while around her. 

"Right it's almost twelve, I know what I need to do and I'll get this to you by Wednesday - now let's get out of my shop please, I've been here for fifteen hours."