𝟖. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒

𝙹𝚄𝙽𝙴 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟽 | 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙼𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆

Ross and Anna had broken up, they went to different colleges and decided that it'd be easy for them to stop seeing each other. The poor boy was hurting a little bit but he didn't want to show it too much to his friend group. They could all tell though. So Adam called for a gathering like 'the old days'. Just everyone who used to sit in the practise room at school, this time in Matty's home studio playing music and getting high. 

George and Elizabeth had finished with school, now almost a whole year into their time at college. He was studying Music Technology while the girl chose Photography, deciding that she wanted to try and open her own photography studio as she got older. She felt she was properly growing up. Remembering the feeling of hearing her results over the phone at the first day of Leeds festival, finding out she passed everything with flying colours, nothing lower than a C. Herself and George celebrated extra hard that night, proud of themselves and carefree - it was their first taste of freedom and the feeling was only heightened by the drugs they took. 

In the studio they played some of their, far from finished, original songs, the two girls had started to remember the lyrics even in their incomplete form. So they sat and sang along to the likes of 'Sex', 'Ghosts' and 'She Way Out' while sharing a joint between them. Something that happened far more often now as they aged and began to prefer weed to alcohol. 

"Why don't we do karaoke?" Matty's voice broke through the air and the smoke in the room, startling Elizabeth out of her thoughts. Everybody agreed it would be funny, Matty setting up an iPod with downloaded karaoke tracks to some of their favourite songs as well as classics. The boys had their turns first, singing Coldplay, Greenday, Blink 182 and Queen. Then Elizabeth was pushed up to the microphone, singing Landslide with a cigarette between her fingers and looking like a true rockstar. George was sure to let her know how good she looked while she was singing along to Stevie Nicks voice. 
Rebecca forced Hann to do a duet from Greece which everyone laughed at, when he tried to copy the moves of Danny Zuko. The whole evening was spent practically doubled over laughing, especially when Ross gave an awful rendition of Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler that had Elizabeth up and singing with him. 

"I thought the music video gave me nightmares as a child but watching that, I'm traumatised." Matty laughed, not realising that nobody else shared the same fear of the music video.
Only noticing when everyone gave him a confused look and started laughing, "You're telling me you watched that shit on like, VH1 and didn't have nightmares about the kids in boarding school with glowing eyes? Shits traumatising." he defended, taking another hit of the spliff before passing it back to George. 
Rebecca laughed, patting Matty on the back. "Bless him, out of curiosity how old were you when you stopped wetting the bed Matthew mate?" More laughs filled the room as he sat with a disapproving look on his face. 
"About four or summat but thats irrelevant, Bonnie Tyler is scary. End of conversation." 
They all roared into laughs again before picking up the microphone for some more songs. 

The six of them had no awareness of how loud they were being until Denise shouted through the door, "Can you please turn it down now, some of us are trying to sleep." They all looked at each other with expressions similar to ones of a child who just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Shouting their apologies out to Denise who told them to go to sleep. 

"Are we going to bed?" Rebecca asked, leaning into Adam and obviously hinting she was tired. 
The rest of them looked around each other, shrugging and not minding what they did next as long as they were in each others company. "Right, I'm taking Ross to my bed because he's lonely and needs a cuddle, you can all sort yourselves out in the spare rooms." 

Adam and Rebecca practically sprinted to a bed, nobody wanting to know what was going to happen in there. Which is why George and Elizabeth found themselves heading to the room furthest away from them. The house wasn't giant but it was big enough to get a fair amount of distance from the loved up pair, just so their night didn't have to be soundtracked by undesirable noises.

They'd become familiar with each others company. Spending many nights sharing the same bed and exploring each others body over the time since they clarified their situation. Both of them were content with how things were going, two teenagers getting to experience everything that they would in a relationship, without forcing themselves to be limited to one another. George kissed some other girls at parties when Elizabeth was absent. Elizabeth bumped and grinded with other boys in the clubs she got into with her fake ID and neither of them minded. 

He stripped off into his boxers and climbed into the bed, waiting for Elizabeth to do them same. Watching her keenly as she shimmied her skinny jeans off of her legs, her bare stomach becoming exposed as she pulled her hoodie off and swapped it for his loose t-shirt. Taking extra notice of the black lace bra which was now being pulled off from underneath his clothing. 
She noticed this stare and raised an eyebrow, "What?" she was stoned, not really feeling like tonight was a night that they were going to have sex but rather cuddle and enjoy the feeling of being in his arms. 

"Nothing, I just like looking at you Liza." she shook her head as she slid into the bed, facing him and pulling the covers over herself. 
"Shut up." they both laughed and placed his arm on the small of her back, holding her closer. 
He got defensive over his words, "It's true!" 
"You just like that I open my legs easily for you." He took slight offence to her words, seeing her as more than an easy fuck. 
Again he got quick to defend himself, "That's not true!" he pushed her slightly back to look at her as she was slowly falling into a slumber, "I like, you." he was plain and direct with his words. Not realising there was an added weight to what he said, he hadn't fallen for her like he had made it sound and now he wasn't sure how to back-track from what he said.

"No no not like that, don't look at me like that." he instructed, still digging himself a hole. "I don't just see you as a shag though. You made it sound really bad." he laughed, desperately wanting her to shut him up with a snide remark or funny comment. 
She nodded slowly, "I was just joking babe, calm down." she laughed. Placing a quick peck on his lips before snuggling into him further, ready for bed. "Goodnight G."
"Night Liza." he whispered in her ear, overthinking things to no end.