𝟏. 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍?

𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾 | 𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙽

It was a regular day in the office for Elizabeth, working on retouching images for magazine photoshoots, having a few freelance actors in for headshots, and even some graphic design that she'd recently found a passion for. It was just her for the whole day until her flatmate, Liliana finally made her way in. 
"Someone didn't come home last night." Elizabeth teased, knowing that Liliana was living out her 'Bridget Jones' lifestyle in her mid to late twenties.
"I don't need reminding, my pounding headache is bad enough." she took her seat at the desk opposite Elizabeths and got straight to working. 

"I'm taking my lunch break in an hour." Elizabeth informed her, "Give you some time for the paracetamol to kick in before you have to hold up shop on your own." She took a brief lap around the studio, clearing the mess she mad earlier when her final client left.
They were in a prime location in the West End of London, positioned on an 'artsy' street that brought many budding influencers into their shop. Though they usually preferred pre-booked clients, not too rarely did people walk in and ask for a photoshoot on a whim. They up-kept the standards of the shop for this reason, wanting to appeal to people who do things for the 'aesthetic'. 

Liliana nodded - knowing Elizabeth couldn't see her but not caring enough to make a verbal response - as she checked her calendar and saw that she'd been booked for a few location shoots at the start of the coming year.
"What's all this then?" she questioned Elizabeth, who turned to stand behind her, resting her chin on Liliana's head.

"I've got no clue, am I booked on it?" after clicking on the calendar events they saw both their names listed with a time, date and location, somewhere in a field outside of Oxford after the new year. "I've got no clue." 
Liliana sighed, she wouldn't be unhappy in the moment as she loved going on 'roadtrips' as she called it, with her flatmate. But as of right now the thought of travelling for a couple of hours in the car to do her job was making her feel ill.

"Oh calm down, you'll be fine I bet it's just some Instagram model. I'll email Debbie and see what it's all about." Elizabeth reassured.
The team in the photography studio wasn't massive, there was Debbie - the owner, Marcus - the longest photographer on the team, Ally - who handled accounting and books aspect of the company, Tony - the resident stylist, Gwen - the newest hire and an intern who was just very excited to be there, Liliana, and Elizabeth. They were a small but very productive team and a very mixed bag of people. 

The doorbell rung above the door and in walked a woman with a puppy in her purse, Elizabeth did not want to deal with that today so let Liliana take over while she was enquiring about these sudden location shoots. 
"Elizabeth, sorry to be a pain can you just get a bowl from the staff room - Rufus needs some water." the irritated look on Liliana's face almost had her bursting out with laughter, but she remained professional and did everything she could to ensure the customer was happy; as well as her dog who was the one having the photographs taken. 

"Here you go." she placed down the bowl and the woman immediately poured a bottle of water into it, "Thank you so much, he gets cranky when he's parched."
Elizabeth nodded her head and turned back to the computer screen, seeing that Debbie had explained everything.

'So sorry I forgot to mention it to you when I saw you yesterday. A music label called in and said they wanted two people to do some pre-album promotional shots. I think they're a pretty new band? I didn't recognise the name but you're younger than me so you might know them, the man on the phone seemed to know what they were after so you should have a pretty direct and straightforward shoot.
You've got a hotel near the location for you and Liliana to stay at (all paid for by them - very fancy) so you don't need to travel to and fro. I'll forward you the emails so you can introduce yourself if you like.' 
Have fun!'

From the email it sounded like an offer they couldn't refuse, knowing Liliana she'd treat it as a pre-paid holiday and hit the clubs in Oxford - if there were any - but Elizabeth was more excited to spend some time in the countryside. Though she adored London, parts of her longed for her Wilmslow days where everything was such smaller-scale and quieter all the time, no hustle and bustle or sirens ringing twenty-four seven. 

She typed back a reply to Debbie before thinking of one to send to her new client. 

'Hi Jamie!
My name is Elizabeth Collins and myself and my colleague Liliana Wilson are going to be working on your shoots in Oxford in the next few weeks. Just thought I'd make myself known and familiarise myself with what you were looking for before meeting so things run smoothly. 
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Elizabeth.'

Without a second thought she sent the email and went on with her day, about to leave for her lunch break but being stopped by a cry from Liliana. "I'm so sorry, he never normally bites people - he's probably just hungry." 
Elizabeth stifled a laugh once more before going over to them, "Is everything okay?" she smiled as politely as she could at the woman before making sure Liliana was fine. 
"I'm fine, just a little bite on the finger - was my fault, didn't drop the ball quick enough." she had the fakest smile on her face but the woman was none the wiser, "Shall we go and take a look at the shots now? The hour is almost up." 

Elizabeth sent a sympathetic look her way before heading out to eat in a small bakery nearby, scrolling through Instagram while wasting away her hour. She liked to people watch sometimes, but that was only when she sat inside and could hide behind the window in the shop, now the weather was becoming much nicer in London she felt it was a waste to not let the sun hit her face. She smiled at passers by if they did send a glance her way, many people stopped to take photographs of the street as it had bunting strung over-head and a cobbled floor and it made her smile.

As she was making her way back to the shop a pair of hands flung around her waist, almost making her scream before her boyfriend appeared in front of her.
"Charlie what the fuck!" she laughed into their hug, "I almost fucking punched you." 
He laughed at her and kissed her on the lips, "I was going from one meeting to another and I saw you, had to come and say hi, what are you up to." 

Elizabeth sighed, "I've just come off my break thats such a shame, I'm going back to work." she pouted at her boyfriend, wanting to spend more time with him. 
"I would come and sit in the studio but I know Debbie got annoyed with me last time, and I can't be late for this meeting in an hour or else I'll actually get murdered." She laughed at her boyfriend, knowing that even though he's got an hour to be ready for something he'd still most likely be late. "You've really got to work on your time management babe, where is it?" 

He pulled out his phone to check, eyes slightly widening when he saw it said Canary Wharf. "I assumed somewhere West but I've got to get to Canary Wharf for this, shit." he looked panicked as they walked in the direction of a tube station. She pulled him in for one last kiss before letting him go off to his meeting, "Run Forrest, Run."