Chapter 27

Hello everyone,

First things first. I want to tell you that Olivia Rodrigo is a QUEEN! Have you all listened to 'Drivers license', it's A-MA-ZING! I have no words! I've just woken up and I already have it on repeat!  If you haven't listened yet, I really recommend you do! 

Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter. As I told you guys before, I really don't have time to write during January, because school is killing me. I'll try to find some time to write some new chapters, they may be a little shorter, but we'll see! 

Have a wonderful day! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Ricky's POV

Nini still hasn't showed up at lunch, it's not long until the bell will ring, indicating that 5th period starts.

Because I never saw Nini at lunch, I assume she hasn't eaten anything. Thinking that makes me even more worried. What if she's back to the habits from last time? What if she's skipping lunch on purpose? I can't let that happen!

Of course, there can be many other explanations as why she's not at lunch, maybe she's just talking to some teacher.

Or she's questioning everything from this morning and she's avoiding me? What if she changed her mind, what if her head is convincing her that all this is a bad idea?

The more I think about it, the more my anxiety starts to take over. I take a deep breath.

Whatever Nini is doing or dealing with right now, I assume she hasn't eaten and is probably hungry. So let me be a good (future boy)friend and buy her something she can eat during class.

When the bell does ring, I go to 5th period, which is math. I don't particularly like math, but it's another class I have with Nini, so I don't really mind, it's survivable.

Once I arrive there, I see that our usual seat in the back is still empty. If Nini was purposely skipping lunch, she would have been in class early. Maybe something happened?

I quickly take my phone before the teacher starts the class and send her a quick text.

'Hey Neens, I'm a little worried about you. Can you let me know if you're okay?'

I know, I could have done that earlier, but I don't want to seem overprotective, okay?

Nini and I are just getting started with this relationship thing, I don't want her to think I'm like one of those overprotecting boys who don't trust their girl.

Their girl, Nini is my girl, or at least will be, if everything goes well. That's crazy! I have dreamt of that for so long and finally it's really getting possible. I don't mean it like 'Nini is mine, she's my possession', more like Nini is my person and I'm hers. I don't even know why I'm trying to explain. I love Nini. 

"Everyone, take your books at page 184", I hear the teacher say, still no sign of Nini. She hasn't shown up in class, she hasn't answered my text, I'm internally freaking out.

Halfway the class, someone opens the door. I don't look up because we're supposed to make some exercise the teacher gave us and I think I'm finally on the right track to find the answer.

"How nice to finally join us, Miss Salazar-Roberts.", I hear the teacher say. When I hear her name, I immediately look up at Nini. She hands the teacher something and then heads over to the seat next to me. As she does that, we finally make eyecontact. I guess I look worried, because as soon as she sees me, she gives me a reassuring smile, telling me everything is okay.

The teacher continues the class as I turn my attention to Nini, searching for something that indicates she's upset or something, but I can't seem to find something.

I decide to stop searching and turn back to follow the rest of the class. I start working on the exercise we got, only to be interrupted by the sound of a growling stomach. I look up and see Nini getting red and smiling sheepishly. Suddenly I remember that I bought her something to eat. I take it out of my backpack and had it to her.

She looks surprised but thankful. She takes a quick look at the teacher and when she sees he's not looking, she gives me a quick kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you", she whispers.

"You're very welcome", I reply quietly.

"Hey, is there a way we can talk after school or something? I want to tell you something. Actually I want to discuss something with you.", she whispers.

I nod slightly.

What could she want to talk to me about? I know one thing, I hope school won't be long anymore