Chapter 44

Hello everyone! 

Here is a new chapter! I really hope you like it! Please vote and comment!

Hugs and kisses!  

Nini's POV

I wake up, at first confused as where I am, but soon I recognise the room I've slept in almost as much as my own. I feel Ricky's arms wrapped around me and I remember our date. It was so cute and exactly what I needed.

I curl back into Ricky's side and close my eyes again. I just want to stay in this moment a little longer.

Is it official now? Are Ricky and I dating? I mean, he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, so I guess it's not official official, but is that necessary to say you're dating? If you go out on dates, then you're dating, right?

Ugh, I don't know.

What I do know is that I just ruined the moment by overthinking. I tend to do that a lot. While I'm getting upset with myself, for the umpteenth time, I feel Ricky stir beside me. I notice he's starting to wake up and when he does that, he tightens his grip on my waist.

"Good morning", I whisper.

"Good morning", he replies with his raspy morning voice. "Have you been awake for long?"

"Not really", I say.

"I love waking up like this", he whispers. That one sentence immediately made my day. I try hiding my red flushed cheeks, by burying my head in his chest, but there's no use. He knows the effect he has on me. He chuckles lightly. "Come on, let's get you some breakfast".

I slowly sit up, letting him get up as well. When he's up, he looks at me confused. I don't blame him. I'm literally just sitting on his bed, watching him get up with a little smile.

"What's up with you?", he laughs. I don't answer him. My smile gets even bigger as I start to get up as well and follow him downstairs. "What do you want to eat? I can make you my famous Bowen pancakes?" He probably saw how my eyes widen when he mentioned his Bowen pancakes, because he starts chuckling. "Say no more"

I watch him make this cute mini pancakes. He's so focused when he's making them. Ricky Bowen is an terrible cook, just like his dad, but somehow, his pancakes are to die for.

"Here you go" he says as he serves me a plate with some delicious looking pancakes.

"You made them in little heart shapes." I notice. I look up at him and give him a quick peck on his lips.

I can't believe that this is going to be the new normal for us. I can want to kiss him without being embarrassed about it and having to hide it. It doesn't matter if I'm staring a little too long at him. It's all okay, because he does the same. I can get used to this.

We eat in silence, until I decide to break it.

"What are we going to do today?", I ask him.

"I promised your mom I would get you home in the morning. So I'll bring you home after breakfast.", he answers

"Booo", I reply. "I don't want to go home. I like spending time and hanging out with you"

"I do too, but I promised your mom. I have to make a good impression, Neens."

"It's way too late for that, Ricky.", I chuckle. "But it's cute. Maybe we can hang out at mine?"

"Neens, you had a pretty eventful day yesterday. Don't you think you need to take it easy today, rest a little?"

"Maybe, but I don't see why I can't do that with you?", I say.

"Tell you what. I'll bring you home later, you take it easy and rest a little and I will come back to hang with you in the afternoon.", he suggests.

"It's not as fun as my idea, but I guess I can live with that." I say.

I know Ricky is right. I could use some time alone to set everything straight again. He always knows what I need, it's like he can read my mind.

Not long after, I sit with Ricky in his car, on my way home. Arriving at home, he hurries to my door again to open it for me. I whisper a quick thank you. He grabs my hand and we walk to my front door.

"Thank you again for the amazing evening, Ricky.", I say again.

"You don't have to thank me, I had an amazing time", he says. Again, a smile magically appears on my face. I softly bite my lip. "Now, go inside, rest and I'll see you later, okay?" I nod. "I love you, Nini"

"I love you too", I say. I slowly lean in and place my lips gently on his. "See you later" and I disappear in my house.