Chapter 51

Good morning everyone!

I present you the next chapter of this book! I really hope you like it! 

PS: Is someone just as excited now that we finally know when HSMTMTS is coming back with season 2? I'm happy we don't have to deal with hearing 'soon' every time! I can't wait! Did you see the cast photos? Man, talk about a glow up! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

I start pacing back and forth in the bathroom, stressing about this whole situation and what I'm going to do about it. I freeze when I hear someone knocking on the bathroom door.

"Neeners?", it's Kourt, but still, I don't say a word. "Neeners, I know you're in there. Please let me in.", she says.

I hesitate, what if Ricky is with her? I don't know if I want him to see me like this.

"Are you alone?", I quietly ask.

"Yes", she answers. I take another breath and open the bathroom door, I walk back to the mirror, with Kourtney following me.

" I think I better go home, school obviously isn't working out for me today." I say.

"No way, you're not bowing down after you just said those things to Gina. Then she's winning at the end.", she says. "Nini, what you did in there was fantastic, you stood up for yourself, you didn't let her walk all over you, you put Gina Porter in her place."

"Kourt, look at me? I didn't win. You're saying I have to stay here, looking like this? If so, she's the winner for me.", I say, not looking away from my mirror image.

"Well, you're lucky you have a best friend like me. I'll have you cleaned up in no time!"

And she wasn't lying. 20 minutes later, you would have never guessed that I was once covered in milkshake. The only thing that shows it, are the stains on my T shirt.

As if Kourtney knows what I'm thinking about, she pulls out a oversized hoodie out of her bag. Not just some hoodie, I recognize it immediately, it's one of Ricky's hoodies.

"Here, put this on.", as she hands it to me

"But that's Ricky's?" I say hesitantly.

"Come on, you act like you've never worn your own boyfriends hoodie? Half of your closet consists of his hoodies. Just put it on, put that confident look back on your face and let's go." She says.

"We're not- He hasn't-', I stutter. He technically isn't my boyfriend, he hasn't asked yet. Not that I don't want that, I don't want anything more than that.

"Neens, don't worry about it. Just put the hoodie on and leave the bathroom. If we hurry we can be on time for sixth period", she says. She puts all my stuff in my bag and hands it to me. She drags me to class but we don't enter until sixth period starts.

"Where is Ricky?", I ask her.

"I send him to class, he wasn't happy with it, but he understood that he couldn't do much at the moment.", she answers. I nod understandingly.

I sit in silence, staring at the wall, while Kourtney is scrolling on her phone until next period.

What seemed like hours, was only a few minutes. When the next period starts, we enter the class. I take my seat next to Ricky.

"You look so cute in my hoodie", he whispers. That little comment heats up my cheeks, I'm pretty sure I'm as red as a tomato again.

Ricky kept me that distracted that I almost didn't notice that a certain curly haired girl was glaring at me the entire period. She can glare at me all she wants I guess, she probably isn't used to someone telling her off.

Ricky also didn't leave my side for the rest of the day. He was stuck to my hip until he dropped me off at my house and even then. Like every Friday night, we have a movie night, so even after school he's still with me. Not that I'm complaining.

I like it when Ricky is with me. If I could, I would keep him by my side for the rest of my life.